Cancer Research and Patient Support Funds
Almost everyone has been touched by cancer—a family member, a friend or you may be on your own cancer journey. And, cancer does not discriminate. That's why we all need to be part of the solution. Your gift to one of Gundersen Medical Foundation's cancer funds will help with research, education, screenings, patient support and more. Please give to the cancer fund(s) of your choice today.
General Cancer Funds support education, cancer research, materials for Gundersen's Cancer Survivorship Program, capital purchases and program needs.
- Oncology Fund supports educational programs and research at the Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders. Additional uses include funding for capital purchases and program needs.
- Norma J. Vinger Center for Breast Care Fund supports education and research for breast care. Funds may also be used to help support capital purchases and program needs.
- Sheila Cain Cancer Survivorship Fund helps to defray the cost of education and materials for Gundersen Health System's Cancer Survivorship Program.
- Steppin' Out in Pink raises money to help further local breast cancer research at Gundersen Medical Foundation, assists breast cancer patients in need, subsidizes mammograms to the uninsured and underinsured in our region and lends support to the services of the Center for Breast Care.
Cancer Research Funds support local cancer research, including new therapeutics and possible cures for cancer.
- Cancer Research Fund supports ongoing local cancer research.
- Breast Cancer Fund supports research initiatives; provides assistance to cancer patients in need through Paula's Purse; subsidizes mammograms for underinsured and uninsured patients in our region; funds staff education and the services of the Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders and Center for Breast Care.
- Kabara Cancer Research Institute Fund is an endowment fund used to investigate new therapeutics and possible cures for cancer. Income from the endowment is used to offset the cost of the Kabara Cancer Research Institute.
- Lung Cancer Research Fund provides funding for lung cancer research.
Patient Specific Cancer Funds help cancer patients and their families pay for necessities such as transportation and daily living expenses.
- Paula's Purse Cancer Patient Fund provides cancer patients and their families with financial support for transportation and daily living expenses.
- Brian's Fund for Colon Cancer provides financial support for patients being treated for colon, colorectal, anal and GI cancers to pay for necessities such as transportation and daily living expenses.
How you can donate
Donations of any size can help and there are many ways to contribute:
- Donate and designate it to the cancer fund(s) of your choice.
- Mail your donation to: Gundersen Medical Foundation, 1836 South Ave., La Crosse, WI 54601. Make checks payable to Gundersen Medical Foundation and indicate the fund name in the check memo.
- Contact the Foundation at (608) 775-6600 or (800) 362-9567, ext. 56600 to set up a payroll deduction (Gundersen employees only).
- Sponsor a fundraiser.