Congratulations, residents and fellows
Residents and fellow were recently honored for completing their training at Gundersen Health System.
The annual resident and fellow graduation ceremony June 22 recognized trainees for their work in residency and fellowship programs that lasted between one to five years.
"We are very proud of these graduates and thankful for all of their contributions to our mission and vision. We are confident that they will bring distinction to themselves, their communities, and Gundersen in the years ahead," says Gregory P. Thompson, MD, Gundersen Medical Foundation's Director of Medical Education.
Gundersen Medical Foundation offers fully accredited family medicine, general surgery, internal medicine, optometry, oral & maxillofacial surgery, podiatric medicine and surgery, and transitional year residency programs. In addition, fellowship training in advanced GI minimally invasive/bariatric surgery, and hematology and medical oncology is offered. Gundersen Medical Foundation also sponsors accredited postgraduate training programs in sports medicine physical therapy and pharmacy.
Program and associate program directors for Gundersen residency and fellowship programs are:
- Paul T. Klas, MD, Family Medicine
- Benjamin T. Jarman, MD, and Christine J. Waller, MD, General Surgery Residency
- Steven B. Pearson, MD, and Rachel M. Hawker, MD, Internal Medicine Residency
- Thomas S. Mackenzie, DDS, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency
- David M. Dawson, DPM, Podiatric Medicine and Surgery Residency
- Lori S. Weber, MD, Transitional Year Residency
- Shanu N. Kothari, MD, FACS, and Brandon T. Grover, DO, Advanced GI Minimally Invasive/Bariatric Surgery Fellowship
- Lori J. Rosenstein, MD, and David E. Marinier, MD, Hematology and Medical Oncology Fellowship
- Adam E. Gregg, PharmD, Pharmacy Residency
- Scott Straker, PT, SCS, ATC, Sports Medicine Physical Therapy Residency
- Jennifer E. Gipp, OD, and John L. Sterling, OD, Optometry Residency
Graduating residents and fellows and their future practice locations:
- Braden A. Burckhard, MD, Ophthalmology Residency, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wis.
- Jason Chiang, MD, PhD, Radiology Residency, UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, Calif.
- Christina L. Gillmor, MD, Ophthalmology Residency, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kan.
- Nicholas Horan, MD, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Residency, Carolinas Medical Center, Charlotte, N.C.
- Timothy J. Jaykel, MD, Radiology Residency, Mayo Clinic Health System, Rochester, Minn.
- Andrea Langeveld, MD, Dermatology Residency, Mayo Clinic Health System, Rochester, Minn.
- Jessica S. K. Lien, MD, Ophthalmology Residency, University of Arizona College of Medicine at South Campus
- Ellen G. Melrose, MD, Dermatology Residency, Marshfield Clinic/St. Joseph's Hospital, Marshfield, Wis.
- Trey C. Mullikin, MD, Radiation Oncology Residency, Mayo Clinic Health System, Rochester, Minn.
- Ashley Nault, MD, Dermatology Residency, Mayo Clinic Health System, Rochester, Minn.
- Han Zhong, MD, Radiology Residency, Richmond University Medical Center, Staten Island, N.Y.
- Adithya Chennamadhavuni, MD, Hospitalist, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
- Kelly L. Delaney-Nelson, MD, Internal Medicine Chief, Gundersen Health System, La Crosse, Wis.
- Craig D. Destree, MD, Internal Medicine Outpatient, Ascension Health, Stevens Point, Wis.
- Jason K. Klipsic, DO, Hospitalist, St. Luke's Health, Duluth, Minn.
- Dalia Nashed Morks, MD, Internal Medicine Outpatient, Gundersen Health System, Onalaska, Wis.
- Hari R. Pokhrel, MD, Hospitalist, Sanford Health, Bemidji, Minn.
- Peter J. Polewski, MD, Hematology and Medical Oncology Fellowship, Gundersen Health System, La Crosse, Wis.
- Eshita Sharma, MD, Hospitalist, Jeanes Hospital, Philadelphia, Pa.
- Ryan Vaca, MD, Hospitalist, Gundersen Health System, La Crosse, Wis.
- Mallory S. Bray, MD, General Surgeon, Evansville Surgical Associates, Evansville, Ind.
- Nicholas M. Czosnyka, MD, General Surgeon, Richland Medical Center, Richland Center, Wis.
- Brian A. Lyle, MD, General Surgeon, Vernon Memorial Hospital, Viroqua, Wis.
Fellowship in Advanced GI Minimally Invasive/Bariatric Surgery
- Emanuel E. Nearing, II, MD, General, Minimally Invasive/Bariatric Surgery, Schneck Medical Center, Seymour, Ind.
Podiatric Medicine and Surgery
- Drew M. Davidson, DPM, Podiatry – private practice, McFarland Clinic, Ames, Iowa
- Rachel B. Kang, DPM, Podiatry – private practice, Foot and Ankle Center of Kirkland, Seattle, Wash.
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Stephanie M. Dalton, DDS, Staff Oral and Maxillofacial Practice, Great River Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Dubuque, Iowa
Sports Medicine Physical Therapy
- Andrew J. Kupper, PT, DPT, CSCS, Physical Therapist, Champion Sports Medicine, Birmingham, Ala.
- Andrea Weber, PT, DPT, ATC, Sports Physical Therapist, Kepros Physical Therapy and Performance, Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Rachel Lundberg, OD, Optometrist, Ho-Chunk Health Care Center, Black River Falls, Wis.
- David Dulak, PharmD, Hospital Staff Pharmacist, Fort Memorial Hospital, Fort Atkinson, Wis.
- Sarah L. Kryka, PharmD, ICU/ER Pharmacist, Mayo Health Systems, Eau CIaire, Wis.
- Ivana Micanovic, PharmD, Inpatient Clinical Pharmacist, Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center, Milwaukee, Wis.
- Jackelyn R. Roberts, PharmD, Hospital Pharmacist, Genesis Medical Center, Davenport, Iowa
- Claire S. VanAlstyne, PharmD, Hospital Pharmacist, UW Health, Madison, Wis.