Neurology for Clinicians
How to triage MiND Clinic patients
While there are many common medical causes for patients experiencing a decline in memory, behavioral functioning or cognitive abilities that may be treatable and managed in primary care, sometimes specialized treatment is required in Gundersen's Multi-Disciplinary Neurocognitive Disorders (MiND) Clinic.
Who should be seen at the MiND Clinic?
- Rapidly progressive dementia (< 6 months)
- Non-amnestic cognitive impairment
- Early onset symptoms (age < 65)
- Dementia with behavioral disturbances (hallucinations, delusions, aggression, impulsivity)
- Dementia with motor neuron disease (e.g., ALS and FTD)
- Dementia with a movement disorder (e.g., Parkinsonism, tremor, ataxia)
- Dementia with suspected genetic cause (autosomal dominant)
- Other need for clarification of diagnosis or complex management
To make a referral to the MiND Clinic, please complete this form or call MedLink at (800) 336-5465 or (608) 775-5465 (in La Crosse).
All providers within Gundersen can make a referral by calling the MiND Clinic at ext. 59000, or sending a staff message to Neurology RN Purple in Epic.
See complete MiND Clinic triage process