New Decorah vascular outreach joins other regional locations
Irina Shakhnovich, MD
Do you have patients with vascular disease or health conditions that put them at higher risk? You’ll now find Gundersen vascular specialist Irina Shakhnovich, MD, providing outreach services at Gundersen Decorah Clinic.
The new Decorah, Iowa, outreach is in addition to vascular services provided by Kevin Schoepel, MD, at Gundersen Tomah and Prairie du Chien, and services delivered by Cathy Ford, RN, NP, at Gundersen Boscobel Area Hospital and Clinics – Boscobel.
For patients suffering from vascular conditions, travelling an hour or more for clinic appointments can sometimes be difficult or uncomfortable. Through her Decorah outreach services, Dr. Shakhnovich can deliver specialty vascular care for your patients closer to home, making it easier and more convenient for patients.
She provides evaluation, diagnosis and management of:
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA)
- Peripheral vascular disease, including claudication, rest pain and arterial ulcerations
- Extracranial cerebrovascular disease, including carotid endarterectomy and stenting
- Renal artery constriction or blockage
- Venous disease including DVT, venous ulcers and varicose veins
- Vascular dialysis access
In addition, Dr. Shakhnovich and her Gundersen vascular surgery colleagues perform a variety of procedures such as:
- Upper and lower extremity revascularizations for aneurysmal and occlusive disease
- Aortoiliac reconstruction for aneurysmal and occlusive disease
- Angioplasty and stenting of peripheral vessels and mesenteric and renal arteries
- Endarterectomy and atherectomy for occlusive disease
- Endovascular aneurysm repair of thoracic aorta, abdominal aorta and popliteal vessels
- Endovascular repair for arterial trauma/injury
- Open venous procedures: ligation, stripping, skin grafting
While surgical procedures are performed at Gundersen Health System in La Crosse, she can provide clinical services, including pre- and post-op visits and routine surveillance of vascular conditions, locally through outreach.
To schedule a vascular outreach appointment for your patients, call the MedLink scheduling specialist at (800) 336-5465. In La Crosse, call (608) 775-5465.