Integrated Center for Education
Mission: The Integrated Center for Education provides comprehensive simulation resources and shares best practices in healthcare education through a safe, interactive patient care environment for learners of all education levels.
Vision: The Integrated Center for Education will be a nationally recognized leader of simulation-based learning in a safe, interactive environment which enhances quality of care, supplements resident, fellow and student training, and improves patient safety.
- Provide a state-of-the-art facility and equipment for clinical and surgical simulation for students, residents, fellows, educators and practicing healthcare providers.
- Serve as a resource for simulation based health education throughout the upper Midwest and the nation.
- Build clinician confidence and improve clinical and educational performance through authentic experiences and skills lab training.
- Use information gained from simulation activities to enhance quality improvement initiatives and increase patient safety.
- Use video-based technology for assessment of resident technical skills and competency.
- Partner with vendor sponsors to advance and sustain health science education and technology.
- Cultivate relationships with academic and community champions to positively impact collaboration and mentorship opportunities.
- Promote collaboration among healthcare professionals.
- Attract the best and brightest healthcare professionals through the utilization of cutting-edge technology and training.
An old building with a long history in the La Crosse community is now used by Gundersen Health System as a destination training and education site for medical professionals. Thanks to the contributions of philanthropists and vendors, Gundersen has created an Integrated Center for Education (ICE).
The building called the ICE House in a nod to its original use as an ice house for the Gund Brewery in the late 1800s and early 1900s. The building now holds a technologically advanced center for education that allows Gundersen to enhance its reputation as a national leader in healthcare.
The ICE House is much more than a surgical training center. The space is flexible, with opportunities for medical training, school groups and more.