Integrated Center for Education
Mission: The Integrated Center for Education provides comprehensive simulation resources and shares best practices in healthcare education through a safe, interactive patient care environment for learners of all education levels.
Vision: The Integrated Center for Education will be a recognized leader of simulation-based learning which enhances quality of care, supplements resident, fellow and student training, and enriches educational opportunities for practicing healthcare professionals.
- Provide a state-of-the-art facility and equipment for clinical and surgical simulation for students, residents, fellows, educators and practicing healthcare professionals.
- Build clinician confidence and improve clinical and educational performance through authentic experiences and skills lab training.
- Use information gained from simulation activities to enhance quality improvement initiatives and increase patient safety.
- Use video-based technology to help assess learner technical skills and competency.
- Develop partnerships through philanthropy to advance and sustain health science education and technology.
- Cultivate relationships with academic and community champions to positively impact collaboration and mentorship opportunities.
- Promote collaboration among healthcare professionals.
- Attract the best and brightest healthcare professionals using cutting-edge technology and training.
An old building with a long history in the La Crosse community is now used by Gundersen Health System as a destination training and education site for medical professionals. Thanks to the contributions of philanthropists and vendors, Gundersen has created an Integrated Center for Education (ICE).
Used as an ice house for the Gund Brewery in the late 1800s and early 1900s, the building now holds a technologically advanced center for education that has enhanced Gundersen’s reputation as a national leader in healthcare.
The Integrated Center for Education is much more than a simulation center. The space is flexible, with opportunities for medical training, school groups and more.