Event Visit request form
Due to the high number of requests we get, processing public relations events without all information is difficult and may influence whether or not we can honor the request. We understand your event is important and we ask that you give us enough time to process your request.
Prior to requesting GundersenAIR to attend or participate in an event, please gather all the form information so we can process your request efficiently and quickly. Late requests may be subject to denial based exclusively on time, so please make your request early.
Thank you and we look forward to continuing to serve you in the future!
NOTE: Before submitting this form, please make sure you know landing zone GPS Coordinates (Latitude/Longitude, ie., 43 36/090 41). We CANNOT process your request without this information.
Criteria for public relations event visits
GundersenAIR participates in public relations events only within the normal Gundersen referral area. GundersenAIR supervisors and committee members must approve all other requests. Other criteria include:
- Emergency Medical Service (EMS) related events/education such as farm safety classes, or first responder, police or fire training/education for landing zone or crash recovery.
- Medical/trauma related education or training (i.e. preparing patients for transport/loading of aircraft) for emergency dept. /critical care area personnel.
- Gundersen and affiliate related events/functions (i.e. specialty picnics, Children's Miracle Network Hospitals events)
- Highly attended public events (i.e. Deke Slayton Air Fest, Octoberfest Racing at La Crosse Speedway)
- Fly-in breakfasts within the referral area.
- High school or college EMS related events (mock crashes) and/or career days.
- Wal-Mart (Children's Miracle Network Hospitals supporter) pending approval.
- Every attempt will be made to not schedule events during GundersenAIR staff shift changes (between the hours of 6:30-7:30 a.m. and 6:30-7:30 p.m.).
- Efforts will be made to honor requests made on short notice, however, requests may be denied based exclusively on time.
- Unfortunately, GundersenAIR is not able to attend preschool, elementary or junior high events. Hangar tours (which take about 25 minutes) at Sparta or Decorah bases can be provided to the following:
- Cub Scouts or Girl Scouts
- Elementary/middle schools
- Low attendance events
- Non emergency medical service related events