Help reduce the spread of COVID-19
For several weeks, we've seen and heard reports of the spread of coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) across the world, the United States, the Midwest and now in our area. It is more important than ever to take these steps to prevent the spread of this virus.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Get the influenza (flu) vaccine. The flu vaccine will not protect you from getting COVID-19; however, by being protected from influenza, this will reduce the need for doctors' visits, the risk of developing fever and respiratory symptoms, and therefore the risk of being quarantined.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash right away and wash your hands.
- Put at least 6 feet between yourself and other people since COVID-19 is spreading rapidly in our community. This is especially important for people who are at higher risk of getting very sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Stay home when you are sick.