Feeling ill? Here's what to do next.
If you're experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, there are two options for screening and testing at Gundersen Health System:
- If you have a MyChart account and can be tested for COVID-19 at our Drive-Up Lab on the North Side of La Crosse, log in to MyChart to be screened for COVID-19 online and self-schedule a test. Simply choose Menu followed by COVID Screening. Guardians of children ages 3 and older also may use MyChart to screen and schedule a test for their child, if the child has a MyChart account and can be tested in La Crosse. You can also set up a MyChart account.
- If testing on the North Side of La Crosse is not convenient for you, please call the Gundersen COVID Nurse Line at (608) 775-4465 before you come in.
By phone or online, you will be asked screening questions to determine your next steps.
Note: You must be experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 to be tested at Gundersen Health System.
For questions about COVID-19, ask Ayla, our digital helper. You can find her in the lower right corner of our website.
Our nurses are fielding many calls on a variety of illnesses including COVID-19. We appreciate your patience as we work as quickly as possible to meet your needs.
Help us prevent the spread of viruses
As the number of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) cases continue to rise, we want to remind you of these steps to take to prevent the spread of respiratory diseases.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- If you come into one of our locations, please let us know if you have a respiratory illness (cough, difficulty breathing or fever).