Transition to Practice
Gundersen Health System’s Nurse Residency Program equivalent
All registered nurses hired at Gundersen Health System with less than one year of patient care experience take part in Transition to Practice.
While orientation covers important skills-based training, Transition to Practice is designed to foster the development of new registered nurses into their professional nursing role within a supportive and enriching educational environment.
- Culturally Congruent Care
- Evidence Based Practice and Research
- Quality of Practice
- Professional Practice Evaluation
- Resource Utilization
- Environmental Health
About the program
- No application necessary! All registered nurses hired at Gundersen Health System with less than 1 year of patient care experience are automatically enrolled in the program and begin within the first few weeks of orientation.
- Small groups. To facilitate discussion and learning from and with each other, the group size for each cohort will be limited to less than eight participants.
- Pre-scheduled sessions. Each of the 10 sessions will be scheduled regularly by the schedulers and participants are expected to attend as part of their orientation.
- One year. The program begins during the first few weeks of orientation and lasts approximately one year. Green initiatives and environmental stewardship
- Dedicated mentor. Each cohort will be facilitated by a Professional Development Nurse (PDN), who will remain with the cohort throughout the year.