La Crosse, WI 54601
Love + medicine is who we are, it's what we do, it's why people want to work here. If you’re looking for a job to love, apply today.
Schedule Weekly Hours:40
*Sign on bonus $10,000 for qualified candidates*
Gundersen Health System is looking to grow our HR Technology team! We are in need of a strong Workday Payroll Analyst. This is an exciting opportunity to bring your Workday knowledge and business analyst skills to Gundersen to elevate our HR Technology solutions and department to the next level. This position will support our partners and will require a working understanding of design, configuration, testing, and reporting pertaining to payroll.
Must have a minimum of 2 years' Workday experience.
This full time position does have the potential for remote work currently for those residing in WI, MN, and IA only.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for the Workday Payroll module, providing HCM system administration and support, configurations, enhancement, and deployment efforts
- Support multi-state payroll and reporting functions including payroll processing, reviewing and revising policies and procedures, proper reporting to the finance groups, internal controls, and system review
- Assist and manage payroll system setup including earnings, deductions, taxes, new programs, general ledger, and troubleshooting in Workday
- Strong working knowledge of payroll, wage and hour laws, department operations to communicate payroll wage and tax information, payroll procedures and payroll system functionality to all levels of employees
- Understand key components of the system and all interactions, including but not limited to Payroll, the HR Help Desk, Benefits, Absence, Compensation, and Self Service
- Configure and test Workday BPs
- Coordinate all HR User Acceptance Testing to ensure that all business processes and system functionality are fully tested and function.
- Build/Write custom Workday reports on payroll tenant to troubleshoot issues in real time
- Configure and maintain Workday security roles and groups to the required level of confidentially and segregation of duties
Sign on bonus paid after 6 months of employment at Gundersen Health System.
Responsible for supporting and optimizing the various HR information systems through troubleshooting, analysis, researching new functionality and implementing system solutions to support the strategic direction of Human Resources in partnership with Information Systems. Assists in providing advice, guidance, support, and solutions to users in the utilization of human resources information systems and applications. In the Workday system, the HRIS Analyst is assigned primary responsibility for two to three functional areas where they are the content expert, providing support to other analysts in other functional areas as requested.
1. As a superuser of the various systems, evaluates, analyzes, designs and maintains Human Resources' Information Systems (HRIS) including but not limited to Kronos and Workday.
2. Partners with departments to identify and document HR system related project requirements and scope, while making recommendations to optimization opportunities.
3. Updates and maintains business processes, condition rules, grid configuration, templates and other functionality.
4. Provide day-to-day configuration and operation support of HRIS systems for core HR staff and customers.
5. Develops custom reports using supported tools. Proactively develops audit reports to help key users to audit and maintain data integrity. Conducts data mining to facilitate decision making to meet the strategic objectives of Human Resources and to serve the needs of HR staff in day-to-day operations.
6. Provides customer support, in collaboration with the IS Help Desk, to end users on HRIS Systems.
7.Conduct information systems education and training as needed on HR system access, utilization, and enhancements.
8. Uses available online community resources and works with vendors to trouble shoot system errors.
9. Assists in the review, testing and implementation of any HR system upgrades. Reviews periodic service updates to the various systems, evaluates new feature impact, assesses impact and provides recommendations.
10. Represents the department on organizational project teams and committees that require HRIS support.
11. Performs other job-related responsibilities as requested.
Education and Learning:
REQUIRED: Bachelors degree in Human Resources or Computer Science or related field
REQUIRED: 2-3 years of HR experience with an emphasis in information systems related work.
DESIRED: Experience with Kronos, Workday, or other HRIS systems
License and Certifications:
Age Specific Population Served:
Nonage Specific (N/A)
Category 3 - Employees in this job title have no reasonably anticipated risk of occupational exposure to blood and/or other potentially infectious materials.
Not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (as in typical office work)
Physical Requirements/Demands of the Position:
Sitting Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Reaching - Below Shoulder Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Repetitive Actions - Pinch Forces Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours) Pounds of force 0-25
Repetitive Actions - Fine Manipulation Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Lifting – Other Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours) Number of lbs 0-25
If you need assistance with any portion of the application or have questions about the position, please contact [email protected] or call 608-775-0267
Equal Opportunity Employer