Onalaska, WI 54650
Love + medicine is who we are, it's what we do, it's why people want to work here. If you’re looking for a job to love, apply today.
Schedule Weekly Hours:20
What does a Telecommunications Service Assistant do:
✔ The Telecommunications Service Assistant (TSA) provides superior 24/7 customer service to both our external and internal customers. They consistently and efficiently represent the organization through quality telephone interactions that reflect courteous, professional and respectful communication, while meeting the needs of all customers encountered. As the front door to the organization, they are the first link facilitating access to Gundersen's services.
What will this position look like:
✔ .5 FTE (20 hours/week)
✔ Shift: 24/7 rotating shifts
✔ Location: Onsite, Onalaska Support Services Building (SSB)
✔ Department: Telecommunications
✔ Days, PM's, every other weekend rotation, with an occasional overnight. Straight PM's are available, if preferred.
What do you need:
✔ High School Diploma or equivalency
✔ 2 years in a customer service position.
What will you get:
✔ Generous Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Life Insurance)
✔ Substantial Retirement Contribution (401K & Base Contribution)
✔ Work/Life Balance
✔ Tuition Reimbursement Program
✔ Professional Development Opportunities
The Telecommunications Service Assistant (TSA) provides superior 24/7 customer service to both our external and internal customers. They consistently and efficiently represent the organization through quality telephone interactions that reflect courteous, professional and respectful communication, while meeting the needs of all customers encountered. As the front door to the organization, they are the first link facilitating access to Gundersen's services.
1. Appropriately activates specialized teams and notifies staff of emergent events or conditions utilizing group paging, an emergency notification system, and overhead alert system.
2. Professionally manages the MedLink Referral Provider Service utilized by referral providers for patient consultation, transfer, or referral appointment requests. Facilitates efficient communication between referral providers and Gundersen physicians. Assists the Admission Referral Coordination Center and Medical Communications to arrange transfer of patients referred to the Gundersen Medical Center for a higher level of care. Works closely with clinical departments to facilitate the appropriate scheduling of patients referred to Gundersen from regional providers.
3. Proficiently works as a team within Telecommunications and in cooperation with all departments to provide the services needed while ensuring efficient operations.
4. Front end answers Telephone Nurse Advisor calls obtaining pertinent information and identifying potential emergent medical issues needing immediate triage of nurse advisor staff.
5. Responsible for entering, managing and accessing a vast amount of organizational and community information which requires high level of skill and knowledge.
6. Adheres to Gundersen mission statement, employee compact, customer service standards and all policies and procedures including but not limited to confidentiality.
7. Effectively answers and directs disgruntled callers with complaints to Service Excellence, ensuring that their concerns are heard and addressed.
8. Accesses patient and provider schedules, confirming appointments, schedules, or to cancel appointments.
9. Demonstrates and maintains core competencies in computer skills, working continuously with numerous interlinking programs.
10. Compassionately provides after hours answering service for Hospice patients and family members in duress and other Gundersen affiliate services.
11. Responsible for paging program, including pager assignments, paging groups, activations, deactivations, and reprogramming.
12. Provides scheduling assistance and ensures complete coverage of assignment in the on-line and on-call schedule.
13. Performs other job-related responsibilities as requested.
Education and Learning:
REQUIRED High School Diploma or equivalency
REQUIRED 2 years in a customer service position.
DESIRED 6 months handling emergent situations, working in healthcare environment, phone-switchboard experience and previous data entry experience.
License and Certifications:
DESIRED Current Infant-Adult Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers (with hands on learning) from one of the following programs; American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
Age Specific Population Served:
Nonage Specific (N/A)
Category III - No employees in this job title have a reasonably anticipated risk of occupational exposure to blood and/or other potentially infectious materials.
Not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (as in typical office or administrative work).
Physical Requirements/Demands Of The Position:
Sitting Continually (67-100% or 8 hours)
Static Standing Continually (67-100% or 8 hours)
Reaching - Shoulder Level Continually (67-100% or 8 hours)
If you need assistance with any portion of the application or have questions about the position, please contact [email protected] or call 608-775-0267
Equal Opportunity Employer