La Crosse, WI 54601
Love + medicine is who we are, it's what we do, it's why people want to work here. If you’re looking for a job to love, apply today.
Schedule Weekly Hours:0
Sterile Processing is hiring for a PM shift position working 2:30pm-11:00pm with rotating weekends. GHS will provide training and certification for candidates who are interested but not yet certified.
This position qualifies for generous shift differential pay!
The Central Service / Processing Technician is responsible for maintaining high standards for decontamination assembly, inspecting, wrapping, and sterilization of surgical instruments and medical equipment for Surgical Services and all Ancillary departments. This includes working in conjunction with the OR staff to provide timely sterile products, trays and case carts where applicable. The Central Service / Processing Technician maintains consistency and continuous workflow between the OR and Central Processing while practicing excellent customer service.
1. Maintain quality control by monitoring, reading, documenting, and interpreting, all parameters for all types of sterilizers to insure proper function. (Steam, ETO, Glutaraldehyde, and Steris)
2. Maintain system and department competencies by attending department meetings, in-services, and annual updates.
3. Maintain quality assurance by correctly utilizing biological monitoring applicable sterilization event.
4. Demonstrate accountability by providing high quality customer service, through communication and service to the surgical staff and peers.
5. Inspect all instruments and reusable items visually and manually. Isolate all items needing repair.
6. Review departmental policies and procedures by reviewing the manuals.
7. Order and puts away supplies and linens upon request as needed. Pick surgical case carts by following established Surgeons Preference Cards or Procedural Pick list/requisition.
8. Perform correct and appropriate data entry, understand and utilize computers for generating data and requisitioning goods.
9. Answer phone in professional, helpful manner by maintaining communication skills appropriate in a professional setting.
10. Dispose of all biohazard products per departmental procedures.
11. Assist with development or modifications in all supply system, instrumentation, and services as needed.
12. Rotate assignments through sterilization, decontamination, assembly, case carts and dispatch.
13. Work with high-level disinfectants and cleaning solutions and read and interpret appropriate MSDS accordingly.
14. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Education and Learning:
High School Diploma or equivalency + Graduate of an accredited Operating Room Technician or Central Service Technician program within six months from hire date or Three years of experience
No experience required.
6 months Previous Central Service Processing experience.
Age Specific Population Served:
Nonage Specific (N/A)
Category I - All Employees in this job title have a reasonably anticipated risk of occupational exposure to blood and/or other potentially infectious materials.
Exposed to infectious diseases.
Physical Requirements/Demands Of The Position:
Static Standing Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Walking/Standing Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Stooping/Bending Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Squatting Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Reaching - Shoulder Level Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Reaching - Below Shoulder Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Reaching - Above Shoulder Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Repetitive Actions - Pinch Forces Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Repetitive Actions - Grip Forces Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Repetitive Actions - Fine Manipulation Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Lifting - Other Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours) Number of lbs 0-25
Push/Pull (Static Force) Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours) Number of lbs 75-100
If you need assistance with any portion of the application or have questions about the position, please contact [email protected] or call 608-775-0267
Equal Opportunity Employer