La Crosse, WI 54601
Love + medicine is who we are, it's what we do, it's why people want to work here. If you’re looking for a job to love, apply today.
Schedule Weekly Hours:20
*Sign On Bonus*
This is a .5 FTE = 40 hours every 2 weeks. Days, PM's and Night shifts available. Every third weekend rotation and rotating holidays. 12-hour shifts.
Sign on bonus paid after 6 months of employment at Gundersen Health System.
The Respiratory Therapist is able to perform all basic and advanced therapies per policy and procedure in all areas of the clinic. Provides assessment of patients, consultation with other health care providers, development of the patient care plan, evaluation of the outcomes, and the education and training of the patient with regard to Respiratory Care. The therapist communicates, organizes, delegates and works cooperatively as a member of the health care team to continuously improve the quality of patient care services delivered in routine, emergent and outpatient. The therapist serves as a professional resource for the department, the health care team, and the community. Respiratory Therapists are required to exercise independent judgment in many tasks.
1. Assesses the patient's cardiopulmonary status to develop, revise, implement, and evaluate a respiratory care plan based on established practice guidelines, protocols, and competent clinical judgment to facilitate best patient outcomes.
3. Identifies and addresses the special needs of patients in out patientsettings.
4. Practices in accordance with the established minimum standards as described by the Respiratory Care (RC)department competency based assessment inventory in order to complete the work of the RC department in a collaborative and respectful environment.
5. Assists patients, family members, and other health care providers to facilitate the out patient care through education, training, and coordination of equipment referrals.
6. Responsible for maintaining and improving job knowledge and technical skills in order to provide competent, state of the art respiratory care that promotes healing and optimal health of Gundersen Health System patients.
7. Provides education and professional expertise to patients and family members, the health care team, and to the community in order to teach, consult, refer, and manage respiratory disease and wellness.
9. Assists in training new personnel.
10. Performs other job-related responsibilities as requested.
Education and Learning:
Associate degree in Respiratory Therapy
Bachelor's degree in Respiratory Therapy or a related field
No experience required.
1 year experience in Respiratory Therapy
License and Certifications:
Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) by the National Board for Respiratory Care
Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) by the state of Wisconsin
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) within two years of hire date.
If working in Minnesota and/or Iowa for outreach, a Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP-MN, RCP-IA) license for those states is also required
Current American Heart Association (AHA) Healthcare Provider CPR certification; Heart Saver, Rescue and Military training network CPR; or the American Red Cross CPR certification (CPR) except Citizen and Animal classes
Age Specific Population Served:
Infant (less than 1 year)
Pediatric (1 - 12 years)
Adolescent (13 - 17 years)
Adult (18 - 64 years)
Geriatric (65 years & older)
Category I - All Employees in this job title have a reasonably anticipated risk of occupational exposure to blood and/or other potentially infectious materials.
Exposed to infectious diseases.
Required to wear a respirator.
Physical Requirements/Demands Of The Position:
Sitting Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Static Standing Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Walking/Standing Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Stooping/Bending Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours)
Squatting Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours)
Kneeling/Half Kneel Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours)
Climbing Stair Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Reaching - Shoulder Level Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Reaching - Below Shoulder Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Reaching - Above Shoulder Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours)
Repetitive Actions - Pinch Forces Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours) Pounds of force 0-25
Repetitive Actions - Grip Forces Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours) Pounds of force 0-25
Repetitive Actions - Fine Manipulation Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Balance - Right Leg Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours)
Balance - Left Leg Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours)
Lifting - Floor to Waist Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours) Number of lbs 25-50
Lifting - Waist to Overhead Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours)
Lifting - Other Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Number of lbs 0-25
Carrying - Long Carry (>50 feet) Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Number of lbs 0-25
Carrying - Short Carry Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Number of lbs 0-25
Push/Pull (Static Force) Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Number of lbs 25-50
If you need assistance with any portion of the application or have questions about the position, please contact [email protected] or call 608-775-0267
Equal Opportunity Employer