La Crosse, WI 54601
Love + medicine is who we are, it's what we do, it's why people want to work here. If you’re looking for a job to love, apply today.
Schedule Weekly Hours:40
What does a Senior Office Assistant do:
✔ The Senior Office Assistant is responsible for performing advanced clerical and administrative support for the management and staff of several departments or a division. Provides advanced administrative services for a division using a variety of computer systems and applications. Provides resolution of complex assignments/inquiries, manages follow-up activities to meet deadlines and completes special reports. Assists in divisional projects, events, or education sessions. Serves as a resource/mentor to departmental office assistants within the division.
What will this position look like:
✔ 1.0 FTE (40 hours/week)
✔ Shift: Monday-Friday, Days
✔ Location: Onsite, La Crosse
✔ Department: Neuroscience Service Line
✔ Schedule Example: Monday-Friday, 8:00AM-4:00PM (with some flexibility and variability (7AM-3PM, 9AM-5PM, etc.)
What do you need:
✔ Associate's degree in a related field or equivalent combination of experience and education
✔ 2 years of experience
What will you get:
✔ Career Development Center
✔ Competitive Compensation
✔ Professional & Personal Development
The Senior Office Assistant is responsible for performing advanced clerical and administrative support for the management and staff of several departments or a division. Provides advanced administrative services for a division using a variety of computer systems and applications. Provides resolution of complex assignments/inquiries, manages follow-up activities to meet deadlines and completes special reports. Assists in divisional projects, events, or education sessions. Serves as a resource/mentor to departmental office assistants within the division.
1. Uses advanced functions of a variety of computer systems and applications to support the work of the management and staff of several departments or a division. Functions may include maintaining data or databases; running reports; designing/creating spreadsheets containing complex formulas and advanced formatting; writing or designing correspondence, documents, or communication; creating a mail merge; designing or maintaining a newsletter; inserting graphics, tables, or spreadsheets into newsletters and other word documents; or developing macros and templates.
2. Independently researches, designs, formats, and prepares advanced reports, letter, correspondence, or documents. Creates, formats, and maintains spreadsheets to support the division's operations. Reviews and updates documents to keep information current and in proper format and grammar.
3. Providing customer service to division and/or internal/external customers. Work typically involves advanced problem solving, independent thinking and judgment, coordinating complex services and addressing competing needs of several departments. May coordinate work of others within department or provide follow-up to staff within the organization to meet divisional goals.
4. Performs high volume calendar management for division, coordinating schedules and maintaining a number of calendars within the division. Schedules appointments, meetings, and travel arrangements for management and staff of the division.
5. Coordinates divisional projects, educational sessions and event planning as determined by management of the division.
6. Serves internal/external customers with complex requests by telephone, email, and in person.
7. Leads or manages workload, project follow-up, creates timelines, and adheres to deadline to complete divisional assignments or project work, which is often confidential, sensitive, or critical to achieving department or divisional outcomes.
8. Views, documents, or prints from the patients electronic health record to assist with coordination of patient care.
9. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Education and Learning:
High School Diploma or equivalency + post High School training lasting a minimum of one year in a formal Business/Computer/Administrative/Secretarial/Office program, training or course work
Associate degree in a related field
3-4 years relevant experience in office, secretarial, or administrative setting.
6 months Prior experience as an Office Assistant in the healthcare field.
License and Certifications:
Master Certification in Microsoft Office Suite
Age Specific Population Served:
Nonage Specific (N/A)
Category III - No employees in this job title have a reasonably anticipated risk of occupational exposure to blood and/or other potentially infectious materials.
Not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (as in typical office or administrative work).
Physical Requirements/Demands Of The Position:
Sitting Continually (67-100% or 8 hours)
Walking/Standing Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Reaching - Below Shoulder Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Reaching - Above Shoulder Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours)
Repetitive Actions - Pinch Forces Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours) Pounds of force 0-25
Repetitive Actions - Fine Manipulation Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
If you need assistance with any portion of the application or have questions about the position, please contact [email protected] or call 608-775-0267
Equal Opportunity Employer