Wabasha, MN 55981
Love + medicine is who we are, it's what we do, it's why people want to work here. If you’re looking for a job to love, apply today.
Schedule Weekly Hours:28
The registered nurse (RN) focuses on the health and wellness of individuals, families and populations in collaboration with other health care professionals by incorporating evidence-based practice in the management of acute illness, chronic disease, disability, and end-of-life care. The RN utilizes the nursing process and aligns practice with organizational policies, professional nursing standards and regulatory practice acts.
1. Assessment: Systematically and holistically assesses the patient’s physiological, emotional, sociocultural, spiritual, and financial status while considering lifestyle preferences and learning needs.
2. Planning: Collaborates with patients, families, and health care professionals to develop a patient centered plan of care to promote health and optimize wellness.
3. Intervention: Provides competent and innovative patient care and education based on patient complexity, acuity, and nursing judgment within a culture of caring and safety.
4. Documentation: Documents nursing assessment, planning, interventions, implementation, and patient/family response.
5. Evaluation: Determines patient's progress toward achieving goal(s), and revises plan of care in collaboration with patient/family as needed.
6. Delegation and Supervision: The RN delegates, supervises, and evaluates the effectiveness of tasks performed by Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN); Medical Assistants (MA); Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA) who have the knowledge and skill to perform the task taking into consideration the following:
- scope of practice
- population served
- policies and procedures
7. Leadership: Guides, directs and influences others by participating in activities such as:
- quality improvement, evidence-based practice and research
- shared governance (council structure)
- department-based projects
- continual learning
8. Professional and Organizational Responsibilities: Accepts accountability, elicits feedback, clarifies issues and concerns and works toward resolving problems or conflicts.
The RN practices in accordance with:
The Gundersen Health System (GHS) mission, values and strategic plan
The values, components and foundation of the GHS Nursing Professional Framework:
- Values: Nursing Skills & Knowledge; Patient & Family Centered Care; Culture of Caring & Safety; Healing Environment
- Components: Nursing Structure; Practice ; Professional Enhancement; Innovation; Reflective Practice
- Foundation: Caritas (Human Caring Theory)
He/she demonstrates effective organizational skills with an ability to prioritize responsibilities efficiently in a rapidly changing work environment
Participates and supports education of nursing colleagues and students
Education and Learning:
Associate degree in Nursing.
Registered nurses without a baccalaureate degree will be required to get a Bachelor's degree in Nursing within six years of hire date.
No experience required.
6 months or greater previous experience in nursing
License and Certifications:
Registered Nurse (RN) licensed minimally in the state of practice, some positions may require additional state RN licenses or certifications.
Current American Heart Association (AHA) Healthcare Provider CPR certification; Heart Saver, Rescue and Military training network CPR; or the American Red Cross CPR certification (CPR) except Citizen and Animal classes
Age Specific Population Served:
Infant (less than 1 year)
Pediatric (1 - 12 years)
Adolescent (13 - 17 years)
Adult (18 - 64 years)
Geriatric (65 years & older) Unit/Department Specific
Category I - All Employees in this job title have a reasonably anticipated risk of occupational exposure to blood and/or other potentially infectious materials.
Exposed to infectious diseases.
Physical Requirements/Demands Of The Position:
Sitting Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Walking/Standing Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Stooping/Bending Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Squatting Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Kneeling/Half Kneel Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Reaching - Shoulder Level Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Reaching - Below Shoulder Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Reaching - Above Shoulder Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Repetitive Actions - Pinch Forces Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Pounds of force 0-25
Repetitive Actions - Grip Forces Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours) Pounds of force 0-25
Repetitive Actions - Fine Manipulation Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Balance - Right Leg Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Balance - Left Leg Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Lifting - Other Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Number of lbs 0-25
Carrying - Short Carry Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours) Number of lbs 0-25
Push/Pull (Static Force) Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Number of lbs 0-25
If you need assistance with any portion of the application or have questions about the position, please contact [email protected] or call 608-775-0267
Equal Opportunity Employer