La Crosse, WI 54601
Love + medicine is who we are, it's what we do, it's why people want to work here. If you’re looking for a job to love, apply today.
Schedule Weekly Hours:32
Join the Continuous Readiness Team as a RN, Accreditation Specialist
What you will do:
- Salaried role - 0.8; 32 hours every two weeks
- Primarily days
- Assist leaders and staff in assessing/evaluating patient care processes to ensure healthcare accreditation and regulatory standards are met
What you will need:
- Minimum of an Associate degree in Nursing, Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred
- RN license to work in Wisconsin
- Minimum 3 years RN experience
What you will get:
- Place to bring your ideas and try new things
- Variety in your work
- Supportive tight knit team
- Professional Development Opportunities/Career Development Center
The RN Accreditation Specialist, under direction of department leadership, provides management and staff with expert clinical advice, research, education, and tools that enable them to more effectively assess, meet and sustain requirements and process improvements for healthcare accreditations, certifications and state/federal regulatory standards. Leads or manages projects to support accreditation, certification, and state/federal regulatory surveys and activities for Gundersen Health System to include Joint Commission accredited locations, critical access hospitals, rural health clinics, medical clinics, and long-term care facilities.
1. Serves as an expert clinical resource and provides interpretive guidance regarding application of hospital in/outpatient, behavioral health, hospice & home care, disease-specific certification standards, and related regulatory processes.
2. Gathers information from internal resources and regulatory sources to communicate national trends and lessons learned from survey resources that can be applied at Gundersen Health System.
3. Identifies, develops, implements, and evaluates patient care processes and regulatory requirements designed for safe, quality patient care for hospital in/outpatient, behavioral health, hospice & home care, and disease-specific certification standards.
4. Assists with finalization of formal corrective action responses to accrediting agencies.
5. Provides nursing expertise and leadership to identify educational and innovative opportunities for staff development related to patient care standards.
6. Fosters positive relationships while collaborating with leaders and staff to identify and assist in resolving areas of non-compliance and facilitate integration of standards into work processes and systems.
7. Participates in analyzing patient incidents and unsafe conditions and recommends proactive solutions based on regulatory guidance.
8. Analyzes data, previous survey findings and corrective action plans and utilizes key components in the development, implementation, monitoring and sustaining of plans/processes to meet regulatory compliance.
9. Performs other job-related responsibilities as requested.
Education and Learning:
Associate degree in Nursing.
Bachelor's degree in Nursing
Three to four years of RN experience
2 years minimum inpatient experience; project management experience; experience with healthcare compliance and regulatory activities
License and Certifications:
Registered Nurse (RN) licensed to practice in the state of Wisconsin
Age Specific Population:
Category 3 - Employees in this job title have no reasonably anticipated risk of occupational exposure to blood and/or other potentially infectious materials.
Not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (as in typical office work)
Physical Requirements/Demands of The Position:
Sitting Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Walking/Standing Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Stooping/Bending Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours)
Climbing Stair Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours)
Reaching - Below Shoulder Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Repetitive Actions - Pinch Forces Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours) Pounds of force 0-25
If you need assistance with any portion of the application or have questions about the position, please contact [email protected] or call 608-775-0267
Equal Opportunity Employer