La Crosse, WI 54601
Love + medicine is who we are, it's what we do, it's why people want to work here. If you’re looking for a job to love, apply today.
Schedule Weekly Hours:40
We are looking to add a Retirement Plan Analyst to our Benefits team. Day to day you will actively assist employees with answering their questions along with educating staff to assure that they have a full understanding of their retirement plan benefits.
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm
Location: Open to Hybrid or Remote Options, when onsite would be located in La Crosse, WI Front Street Location. For remote employment you must reside in WI, MN, or IA.
Coordinates the administration of qualified retirement plan with Roth deferral option for the benefit of the employees in accordance with plan documents and in compliance with various regulatory agencies. Consults with and advises employees on eligibility, contribution provisions and other matters related to the retirement plan. Assists in the preparation of the retirement summary plan descriptions and other retirement plan communications. Coordinates annual retirement plan audit. Coordinate computation of plan contributions at year end.
1. Provide education to and inform active and inactive plan participants of rights and options under our qualified retirement plans. Answer employee questions and assist employees with 401(k) deferral calculations. Meet individually with employees anticipating retirement and with beneficiaries upon employees' deaths to explain distribution options.
2. Educate employees to assure they have a complete understanding of retirement plan benefits available to them, time period for enrolling, investment choice, and consequences of elections and/or waivers.
3. Calculate employee's maximum 401(k) income deferral allowed under the Internal Revenue Code based on age and covered compensation.
4. Coordinate distribution to participants of updated summary plan description and annual 401(k) Safe Harbor Notice with outside legal counsel.
5. Calculate and update employee vesting percentage quarterly. Confirm employee vesting percentage and determine amount of distribution(s) upon termination of employment or retirement.
6. Maintain day to day administration of plan in conjunction with payroll processing to assure new employees enrolled as requested and deferrals taken as elected. Provides Help Desk support for Benefits Line.
9. Prepare quarterly Trust billing summarizing invoices received from Investment managers and other third parties providing services to plans for Manager’s review and approval.
10. Coordinate annual retirement plan audit. Gather requested documents for auditor review and testing. Coordinate distribution of Summary Annual Report following completion of audit, in conjunction with Welfare Plans SAR.
12.Coordinate computation of plan contributions at year end. Runs audit reports to determine participant eligibility and relevant covered compensation. Assist with communication to employees.
13. Work with other Benefit Specialists providing assistance as needed in support of welfare plans.
14. Serve as a Plan fiduciary and sit on Retirement Committee(s)
16. Provide recordkeeper with scheduled reports; newly eligible employees (monthly), terminated employees (bi-weekly), ineligible employees (bi-weekly), rehired employees (bi-weekly).
17. Review Entity Transfers and act accordingly. Requires review of Board Control of each Entity to determine if years of service credit are due; review of employee contributions in Workday record and update as needed.
18. Monitor employees on Military Leave. Communication to employees returning from extended period of military leave. Calculate and make any necessary make-up contributions.
19. Review and update retirement plan information on internal sites.
Education and Learning:
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Human Resources or Accounting or related field
5-7 years’ experience in Human Resources with specific emphasis in retirement plan administration or 5 years’ experience with third party recordkeeper with emphasis on retirement plan administration.
Age Specific Population Served:
Nonage Specific (N/A)
Category III - No employees in this job title have a reasonably anticipated risk of occupational exposure to blood and/or other potentially infectious materials.
Not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (as in typical office or administrative work).
Physical Requirements/Demands of the Position:
Sitting Continually (67-100% or 8 hours)
Repetitive Actions - Fine Manipulation Continually (67-100% or 8 hours)
If you need assistance with any portion of the application or have questions about the position, please contact [email protected] or call 608-775-0267
Equal Opportunity Employer