Hillsboro, WI 54634
Love + medicine is who we are, it's what we do, it's why people want to work here. If you’re looking for a job to love, apply today.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:0
Use Respiratory skills to plan, organize and deliver care to patients in the health care setting.
I. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Obtains physician orders for all medically prescribed procedures.
- Administers respiratory procedures (Oxygen Tx; Nebulizers; PFT’s, Inhalers; Bipap etc.)
- Follows appropriate respiratory policies and procedures.
- Consults with ordering physician and or radiologist.
- Follows appropriate patient care procedures.
- Assures that effective procedures, processes and quality criteria are developed and adhered to.
- Reviews and evaluates each patient’s response to treatment and reports on significant clinical findings to the patient’s physician.
- Recognizes adverse effects of therapy and implements appropriate action.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of all respiratory equipment and ensures that all equipment is operating properly and in good, safe condition.
- Accurately documents in patients medical record.
- Maintains liaison and communications with other departments in matters relating to patient care.
- Responds to “Code Blue” situations and assists with maintaining a patent airway.
- Assists with endotracheal intubation and maintenance of endotracheal tube.
- Monitors patient status and parameters and assures that alarms are set per established guidelines for BI PAP/CPAP.
- Assures calibration and proper operation of pulmonary function testing equipment.
- Facilitates the Pulmonary Rehabilitation program in coordination with Cardio-Pulmonary staff.
- Maintains an updated knowledge base through literature and continuing education.
- Responsible for performance improvement (PI) activities.
- Facilitates Sleep Studies
- Teaches respiratory equipment and techniques as appropriate and as requested (for patients & staff).
- Daily rounds on inpatients requiring respiratory care.
- Assists Pulmonologist and CPAP/Sleep Study visiting specialists as needed in Amb Care.
- Visits St. Joseph clinics (Hillsboro; Elroy; Wonewoc) as needed or as requested to teach respiratory techniques to patients or staff.
- Promotes and atmosphere for constructive interpretation of events and changes.
- Utilizes opportunities to demonstrate communication skills and all communication is respectful of the needs and concerns of others.
- Resource in coordinating personnel, supplies and equipment.
- Monitors for oxygen and nebulizer billing compliance on a regular basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an AMA approved school of Respiratory Care Technology and registration by the National Board of Respiratory Care.
- Certified to practice Respiratory Care in Wisconsin by the Department of Safety & Professional Services.
- Reports to the Manager, Laboratory & Respiratory.
- Works closely with peers.
- Frequent contact with employees and volunteers
- Frequent contact with physicians, patients and families.
- Occasional contact with vendors, public, civic organizations, regulatory agencies and other provider organizations.
- Work is performed largely in a pleasant hospital environment.
- Works with various types of equipment some with moving mechanical parts.
- Occasionally exposed to hazardous material such as needle puncture, blood and body fluids.
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Frequent standing, walking, sitting, bending, twisting, manual dexterity and grasping.
- Vertical and horizontal reaching
- Fine dexterity, vision - near/far, hearing - close distance.
- Occasionally lift/carry 20 lbs.
- Rarely push/pull 20 lbs, drive to clinics, crawl, kneel, squat.
This job description/evaluation describes the general nature and level of work performed by an employee assigned to this position. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the job. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by the department manager or administration. All requirements are subject to change over time and to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
If you need assistance with any portion of the application or have questions about the position, please contact the recruiter listed below:
Primary Recruiter:Megan Wopat
Recruiter Email Address:[email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer