La Crosse, WI 54601
Love + medicine is who we are, it's what we do, it's why people want to work here. If you’re looking for a job to love, apply today.
Schedule Weekly Hours:0
This position will be working for the Men's Unity House. Due to the nature of this work and safety reasons we're looking for male candidates.
This is an on-call, non benefited position. The schedule for this position is Days, PM's, Nights, Weekends and Holidays. Even though this is an on call position you would know your schedule in advance. Generous shift differentials!
This position assists with the implementation of daily program activities for residential treatment patients while upholding our patient-centered, disease management philosophy. The Residential Treatment Specialist provides supports for the patients' emotional and social needs. This position also monitors the facility and identifies anything needed to promote safe patient care.
1. Provides developmentally appropriate and supportive interactions with patients during counseling sessions and while monitoring patients in a 1:1 or group setting.
2. Observes for changes in patients’ behavior and notifies the counselor and/or clinical supervisor with any concerns or notable changes.
3. Partners with the treatment team to encourage patient compliance with Behavioral Health Plan of Care, participation in recreational activities, and completion of treatment assignments.
4. Assists primary counselor and admissions counselor with admission, transfer, and discharge process.
5. Provides educational programming for patients.
6. Teaches patients appropriate social skills, i.e., ADL's, cooking, interpersonal skills.
7. Monitors patients' self-administration of medications, ensuring adherence to departmental and system policies and procedures.
8. Transports patients to program activities.
9. Documents in a timely and accurate manner in EPIC.
10. Demonstrates role accountability by adhering to Gundersen Health Systemstatements, policies, and confidentiality statement.
11. Performs office duties when needed, i.e., answering phones, typing, preparing charts, filing.
12. Maintains CBRF required coursework completion.
13. Performs other job-related responsibilities as requested.
14. Reviews treatment plan and goals as needed with patients to answer questions. Work daily to emphasize, reinforce, and support patients to achieve progress towards treatment plan goals.
15. Develops Individualized Service Plans with each patient. Goals are made specific to personal care, mental health, physical health, emotion regulation, issues with the self, social relationships, and daily living skills. Work daily to emphasize, reinforce, and support patients to achieve progress towards individualized service plan goals.
16. Cultivates a safe, supportive, healthy environment.
17. Nurtures patient biopsychosocial growth internally and externally.
18. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Learning:
Associate degree in Social Work or Psychology or Sociology or a related human service field
1 year of experience in a human services field or health care setting
1 year of experience working in behavioral health/addition services
License and Certifications:
Valid Driver's License (DL)
Current Infant-Adult Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers (with hands on learning) from one of the following programs; American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
Age Specific Population Served:
Adult (18 - 64 years)
Category I - All Employees in this job title have a reasonably anticipated risk of occupational exposure to blood and/or other potentially infectious materials.
Subject to outside environmental conditions.
Physical Requirements/Demands Of The Position:
Sitting Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Walking/Standing Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Stooping/Bending Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Climbing Stair Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Reaching - Below Shoulder Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Repetitive Actions - Pinch Forces Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours) Pounds of force 0-25
Repetitive Actions - Fine Manipulation Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Balance - Right Leg Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Balance - Left Leg Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Lifting - Other Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours) Number of lbs 25-50
Carrying - Short Carry Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours) Number of lbs 25-50
If you need assistance with any portion of the application or have questions about the position, please contact [email protected] or call 608-775-0267
Equal Opportunity Employer