Wabasha, MN 55981
Love + medicine is who we are, it's what we do, it's why people want to work here. If you’re looking for a job to love, apply today.
Schedule Weekly Hours:24
St. Elizabeth's is looking for a part time Resident Assistant to work 24 hours per two-week pay period. Candidate must hold certification as Nursing Assistant in the state of MN. The scheduled hours for this role are evening shift (1:45 p.m. - 10:15 p.m.) and includes every other weekend; and holiday rotation. Join our team today!
The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)- LTC is responsible for performing basic care of patients and residents under the general supervision of an RN in the skilled nursing facility setting. The CNA – LTC is also responsible for transporting and transferring patients within the health care center complex in a safe and efficient manner. The CNA – LTC will also assist with data collection to facilitate the delivery of delegated nursing care.
- Assists with basic care for patients in the areas of nutrition, elimination, comfort, mobility and safety.
- Transports and transfers patients within the medical complex using appropriate equipment (ex. LIKO ceiling lifts) and utilizing safety precautions as indicated by the patient's health status.
- Assists nursing staff in lifting and ambulating patients using appropriate practice guidelines.
- Maintains environment and equipment and will locate and deliver appropriate equipment to Central Service and Maintenance departments.
- Works collaboratively with the health care team members to effectively communicate and document accurate information.
- Demonstrates dependability, organizational skills and effective use of time by setting priorities to complete delegated work within established time frames in accordance with unit CBO/P and unit guidelines.
- Demonstrates role accountability by adhering to Gundersen Health System Mission statement, policies and confidentiality standards.
- Assists with keeping patient & resident rooms clean and orderly. Assure resident safety by identify safety hazards and emergency situations and initiates correct action as appropriate.
- Assists in the orientation of new personnel.
- Participates in quality improvement activities in order to continuously improve patient care and unit operations.
- Participates in CNA meetings and unit staff meetings.
Education and Learning:
REQUIRED No education required
DESIRED High School Diploma or equivalency
REQUIRED No experience required.
DESIRED 2 years of previous CNA experience.
License and Certifications:
REQUIRED Registered Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) in the state of practice, some positions may require additional state registry, Current Infant-Adult Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers (with hands on learning) from one of the following programs: American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
Age Specific Population Served:
Infant (less than 1 year)
Pediatric (1 - 12 years)
Adolescent (13 - 17 years)
Adult (18 - 64 years)
Geriatric (65 years & older)
Category I - All Employees in this job title have a reasonably anticipated risk of occupational exposure to blood and/or other potentially infectious materials.
Exposed to infectious diseases.
Physical Requirements/Demands Of The Position:
Walking/Standing Continually (67-100% or 8 hours)
Stooping/Bending Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Kneeling/Half Kneel Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Climbing Stair Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Reaching - Shoulder Level Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Reaching - Below Shoulder Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Reaching - Above Shoulder Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Push/Pull (Static Force) Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Number of lbs 150-200
If you need assistance with any portion of the application or have questions about the position, please contact [email protected] or call 608-775-0267
Equal Opportunity Employer