Onalaska, WI 54650
Love + medicine is who we are, it's what we do, it's why people want to work here. If you’re looking for a job to love, apply today.
Schedule Weekly Hours:40
Work closely with a multi-disciplinary team to ensure Renal regulations and
quality measures are met.
- Monday through Friday
- Flexible day-time hours
- Potential for position to become hybrid
- Tuition Reimbursement
Great opportunity to grow in your career! Open to anyone who has a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Healthcare Administration, Health Information Management or Health Sciences or Nursing.
The Renal Dialysis Program Specialist provides leadership in health information data management and database analysis, serves as an expert in the use of system design and quality improvement process, tools and philosophy. Works with information users and Information Systems to ensure that data meets the needs of Medicare including the availability, integrity and accuracy of the data. Activities include providing data support to the Renal Dialysis units by performing medical record reviews and data entry, creating and maintaining spreadsheets, databases and data collection forms, compiling results into monthly and annual reports and graphical presentations and performing data verification and validation. With the results of the reports, the individual creates, and monitors action plans as required by the requirements of the Federal Regulatory Agency, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) for End Stage Renal Disease Facilities. The specialist assists in meeting regulatory standards and complying with corporate policy.
1. Works with the Administrative Directors and Clinical Managers to coordinate the planning and implementation of the Gundersen Health System Renal Dialysis Services. Assists in the development and implementation of quality improvement measurements including developing business case analysis and return on investment for projects and programs, Understands work processes, identifies the root causes of variation, develops feasible change options, implements the changes, measures the impact/resulting improvement, and acts to hold the gain or makes further changes. Develops and tracks Quality Action Plans to meet Medicare standards.
2. Supports renal dialysis leadership to meet regulatory standards and compliance measures by demonstrating in depth knowledge of Medicare quality standards, monitors the impact of the QIP on payment within the dialysis locations, NCQA standards and DHS contract requirements; ensures QI activities meet these requirements. Utilizes CROWN Web for submission of comprehensive reports to the Federal Regulatory Agency and meets all Medicare deadlines
3. Performs necessary paperwork for new patients in the system to comply with CMS regulations. Contacts providers for additional information as needed. Works with Case Managers and/or Medical Directors for determination on complex cases.
4. Provides leadership and supports preparedness for Medicare surveys at all renal sites, including organization and evaluation of the Medicare required quality meetings (QAPI); actively participates with reports generated for Medicare Surveys and participates with interviews during surveys at all renal dialysis locations.
5. Collaborates with internal departments and providers, such as medical and associate staff, RN’s, dietitians, social workers, and billing and coding specialists to identify and treat end-stage renal disease and conditions associated with it and foster positive working relationships across the spectrum.
6. Assists the Administrative Directors and Clinical Managers in integrating goals into specific objectives for staff and follows through with implementation plans to ensure department and unit strategies are achieved through alignment with Gundersen mission and strategic plan.
7. Works with Administrative Directors and Clinical Managers providing input in establishing the budget, develops systems for financial analysis and monitors daily operations to ensure financial goals are met; this includes prevention and/or monitoring for risk of payment penalties to Renal Dialysis Services.
8. Financially evaluates and uses market research data to evaluate and support the development of new programs and services.
9. Works with Renal Administrative Director, Clinical Managers and Unit Leaders to evaluate and implement care plans to increase patient satisfaction and outcomes. Develops Medicare action plans to support the In-Center Hemodialysis patient survey for each renal dialysis location. Provides education for patients and staff in the renal dialysis service line.
10. Works with appropriate resources to maintain and improve his/her own job knowledge and skills through continuing education and professional involvement.
11. Performs other job-related responsibilities as requested.
Education and Learning:
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Healthcare Administration, Health Information Management or Health Sciences or Nursing from an accredited college of nursing as recognized by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
Master's degree in a field of study related to leadership
3-4 years’ experience working in healthcare or health information services areas related to quality, process redesign or change initiatives.
1-year experience in a healthcare setting and previous experience working with Medicare, QIP, NCQA, DHS and HEDIS guidelines. Previous experience with Quality Improvement, Disease Management and Health Promotion activities.
License and Certifications:
Registered Nurse (RN) licensed to practice in the state of Wisconsin
Age Specific Population:
Category 3 - Employees in this job title have no reasonably anticipated risk of occupational exposure to blood and/or other potentially infectious materials.
Not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (as in typical office work)
Physical Requirements/Demands of The Position: Sitting Frequently
Kneeling/Half Kneel Occasionally
Climbing Stairs Occasionally
Reaching – Shoulder Level Continually
Reaching – Below Shoulder Continually
Reaching – Above Shoulder Continually
If you need assistance with any portion of the application or have questions about the position, please contact [email protected] or call 608-775-0267
Equal Opportunity Employer