Whitehall, WI 54773
Love + medicine is who we are, it's what we do, it's why people want to work here. If you’re looking for a job to love, apply today.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
We are looking for additional rehab techs as we transition to our new hospital!
- 40 hours/week
- Monday - Friday
- Day shift
- CNA is required for the position
- Tuition Reimbursement
Be part of a healthcare system that cares for their community!
The Rehabilitation Technician performs delegated work under the direct supervision of an Occupational Therapist (OT), Physical Therapist (PT), Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant (COTA) or Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA). Greets patients, assists with smooth flow of department operations, and maintains a clean work environment.
1. Rehabilitation Technician supports patient care by:
- Effective customer service skills to facilitate prompt, appropriate delivery of service.
- Assisting with patient care,mobility andsafety.
- Assisting with relevant testing as directed by the therapist.
2. Demonstrates reliability, timeliness and organizational skills and effective use of time to complete delegated work in accordance with established time frames.
3. Prepares patient upon arrival to and departure from the therapy department.
4. Set up and clean-up of patient care treatment area, equipment, and supplies for therapy treatments to include hydrotherapy.
5. Maintains a clean environment meeting departmental standards, i.e. 5S.
6. Maintains inventory, orderingand departmental supplies, equipment and linen.
7. Arranges patient's transport within the medical complex using appropriate equipment and utilizing safety precautions as indicated by the patient's health status.
8. Supports infection control practices under the direction of the department AICP.
9. Assists in the orientation of new personnel.
10. Maintains and achieves proficiency in department competencies.
11. Participates in quality improvement activities in order to continuously improve patient care and department operations within scope of role.
12. Perform office duties as delegated.
13. Performs other job-related responsibilities as requested.
Education and Learning:
High School Diploma or equivalency
1 year experience in general service requiring basic occupational knowledge and skills.
License and Certifications:
Wisconsin Registered Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) required for technicians working with inpatients.
Current Infant-Adult Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers (with hands on learning) from one of the following programs; American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
Age Specific Population Served:
Pediatric (1 - 12 years)
Adolescent (13 - 17 years)
Adult (18 - 64 years)
Geriatric (65 years & older)
Category I - All Employees in this job title have a reasonably anticipated risk of occupational exposure to blood and/or other potentially infectious materials.
Exposed to infectious diseases.
Physical Requirements/Demands Of The Position:
Static Standing Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Walking/Standing Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Stooping/Bending Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Squatting Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Kneeling/Half Kneel Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Reaching - Below Shoulder Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Repetitive Actions - Pinch Forces Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours) Pounds of force 0-25
Repetitive Actions - Grip Forces Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours) Pounds of force 0-25
Repetitive Actions - Fine Manipulation Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours)
Balance - Right Leg Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Balance - Left Leg Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Lifting - Other Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours) Number of lbs 0-25
Carrying - Short Carry Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours) Number of lbs 0-25
Push/Pull (Static Force) Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Number of lbs 50-75
If you need assistance with any portion of the application or have questions about the position, please contact the recruiter listed below:
Primary Recruiter:Becki Murphy
Recruiter Email Address:[email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer