Hillsboro, WI 54634
Love + medicine is who we are, it's what we do, it's why people want to work here. If you’re looking for a job to love, apply today.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:24
3 days per week
Monday - Friday only
No weekends or holidays
The Registered Dietitian works with other members of the health care team to assess nutritional status of patients and quality of nutritional services offered; and then educate and promote optimal nutrition, eating behaviors, feeding skills and health status of patient/clients seen in the Gundersen St. Joseph’s Hospital and Clinics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and implements individualized nutrition care plans based on the Nutrition Care Process and regulatory standards for Gundersen St. Joseph’s Hospital and Clinics.
- Develops materials and provides nutrition education to patients and staff of Gundersen St. Joseph’s Hospital and Clinics, facilities serviced and the community.
- Works as part of an interdisciplinary team in achieving and implementing departmental and organizational goals.
- Provides oversite and coordination to the in-house senior meal site. Coordinates grant requirements for meal site.
- Participates in quality improvement activities, contributes ideas and demonstrates a commitment to make improvements in the quality of services provided at Gundersen St. Joseph’s Hospital and Clinics.
- Serves as a resource to the director of dietary and dietary staff for food safety and meal planning within the facility, making sure standards are met.
- Performs other job-related responsibilities as assigned.
- 1 - 3 years of experience desired.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Dietetics
- Reports directly to Manager, Surgery & Specialty
- Works closely with department managers and peers.
- Frequent contact with employees, physicians, Board of Directors, various committees, and general public.
- Occasional contact with vendors, and civic organizations.
- OSHA Category. Category III – No employees in this job title have a reasonably anticipated risk of occupational exposure to blood and/or other potentially infectious materials.
License and Certifications:
- Registered as a Dietitian with Commission on Dietetic Registration (RD)
- Registered Dietitian State Certification or Licensure (CD)
This job description/evaluation describes the general nature and level of work performed by an employee assigned to this position. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the job. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by the department manager or administration. All requirements are subject to change over time and to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
If you need assistance with any portion of the application or have questions about the position, please contact the recruiter listed below:
Primary Recruiter:Megan Wopat
Recruiter Email Address:[email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer