La Crosse, WI 54601
Love + medicine is who we are, it's what we do, it's why people want to work here. If you’re looking for a job to love, apply today.
Schedule Weekly Hours:40
No food service experience necessary for this Agent position. This Agent will handle purchases for specialty purchasing to include: Operating Room, Cath Lab and Interventional Radiology. Bachelors degree is required.
This is a full-time (1.0 FTE) position working daytime hours, Monday – Friday. Hybrid option available. Must live within reasonable driving to West Salem, WI.
What you'll do:
- This Gundersen Purchasing Agent role supports the Health System Requesters, Clinical Managers and Department Supply Techs to source product at the best cost and application for our patients. Manages supply contracts and works cross-functionally with the clinical leaders and physicians who support these procedural areas.
Why join Gundersen?
- Generous benefit package: Accrued PTO, Medical, Dental, Life and Pet Insurance, Matching 401K and Base Contribution retirement package, Tuition reimbursement program.
The Purchasing Agent processes requisitions and issues purchase orders, negotiates contracts and performs bid procedures and bid analysis. Acts as the authorized agent for procurement of assigned commodities as designated by the Purchasing Manager. The Purchasing Agent assists in meeting appropriate regulatory standards, complying with corporate policy and procedures for procurement of supplies and equipment for Gundersen Health System and for promoting collaboration with internal and external customers.
1. Works with Gundersen Health System departments and/or affiliate clinics to provide the most cost effective products, services, and equipment.
2. Works with outside vendors, group purchasing organizations and/or other entities to acquire the most appropriate, cost-effective products for their area of responsibility and the organization.
3. Responsible for negotiation and contract management of supplies and services for their area of responsibility and the organization.
4. Develops and maintains computer database to facilitate the purchasing and inventory processes.
5. Responsible for creating and submitting Request for Proposals to vendors for products and services.
6. Represents thedepartment on various committees as assigned by manager or program director.
7. Purchasing agent in Purchasing may be responsible for any of the following depending on area of responsibility:
Surgery/Interventional Radiology/Cath Lab purchasing
Facility Operation/Environmental purchasing
Construction Engineering purchasing
Non-medical and/or medical supplies
8. Purchasing agent in Foodservice completes forecasting and production for all areas of food production according to cycle calendar and special events.
9. Performs other job-related responsibilities as requested.
Education and Learning:
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Nutrition or Dietetics or a related field
Note: Nutrition and Dietetics for Foodservice role
5-7 years of experience as a purchasing agent/assistant or food nutrition professional (for Foodservice role).
1 year of previous experience in healthcare.
License and Certifications:
Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM)
Age Specific Population Served:
Nonage Specific (N/A)
Category III - No employees in this job title have a reasonably anticipated risk of occupational exposure to blood and/or other potentially infectious materials.
Not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (as in typical office or administrative work).
Physical Requirements/Demands Of The Position:
Sitting Continually (67-100% or 8 hours)
Reaching - Below Shoulder Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Repetitive Actions - Pinch Forces Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours) Pounds of force 0-25
Repetitive Actions - Fine Manipulation Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
If you need assistance with any portion of the application or have questions about the position, please contact [email protected] or call 608-775-0267
Equal Opportunity Employer