La Crosse, WI 54601
Love + medicine is who we are, it's what we do, it's why people want to work here. If you’re looking for a job to love, apply today.
Schedule Weekly Hours:36
This is a .9 FTE = 72 hours every 2 weeks. Schedule is Monday - Friday between 7am - 5pm.
The Pulmonary Function Technologist/Respiratory Therapist is responsible for performing Pulmonary Function testing; teaching, and performing procedures, and therapies on patients as directed by Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants. Assists as trained in Therapeutic/Diagnostic Bronchoscopies, Transthoracic Needle Aspirations, Metabolic/GXT testing, Smoking Cessation and Patient Education.
1. Preparation, calibration, and troubleshooting of equipment.
2. Preparation, assessment, and instruction of patients.
3. Performance of actual testing procedures including, but not limited to: Advanced Pulmonary function testing, administration of inhaled medications, sputum induction, Arterial Blood Gas Sampling, Oximetry, Chest Physical Therapy, CPAP/BIPAP trials and follow-up, Oxygen Clinic, liaison between patient and medical equipment vendor, and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation.
4. Provides documentation, validity of test results, and charging of services provided.
5. Communicates thoughts clearly and effectively. Is approachable and open to feedback.
6. Relates to colleagues in a considerate manner, showing dignity and respect.
7. Demonstrates professional accountability by: adhering to Gundersen Lutheran policies; meeting regulatory and compliance requirements; supporting the mission, vision and values of the organization; and completing required annual training and addressing own learning needs.
8. Participates in quality improvement activities in order to continuously improve patient care, health outcomes, and department operations. Participates in staff meetings.
9. Performs other job-related responsibilities as requested.
Education and Learning
Associate degree in Respiratory
Bachelor's degree in Healthcare Respiratory Therapy or a related field
1 year previous experience in direct Patient Care.
3-4 years years health care experience; preference given to experience in ambulatory care/group practice settings.
License and Certifications:
- Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) by the state of Wisconsin
- Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) by the National Board for Respiratory Care
- Certified Pulmonary Function Technologist (CPFT) or Registered Pulmonary Function Technologist (RPFT) required within two years from date of hire
- Current Infant-Adult Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers (with hands on learning) from one of the following programs; American Heart Association or American Red Cross
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) by the National Board for Respiratory Care
Age Specific Population Served:
Pediatric (1 - 12 years)
Adolescent (13 - 17 years)
Adult (18 - 64 years)
Geriatric (65 years & older)
Category I - All Employees in this job title have a reasonably anticipated risk of occupational exposure to blood and/or other potentially infectious materials.
Subject to inside environmental conditions.
Subject to noise.
Exposed to infectious diseases.
Subject to hazards.
Required to wear a respirator.
Subject to vibration.
Physical Requirements/Demands Of The Position:
Sitting Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Static Standing Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Walking/Standing Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Squatting Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Kneeling/Half Kneel Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Climbing Stair Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Reaching - Shoulder Level Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Reaching - Below Shoulder Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Reaching - Above Shoulder Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Repetitive Actions - Fine Manipulation Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Lifting - Floor to Waist Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Number of lbs 25-50
Lifting - Waist to Overhead Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Number of lbs 25-50
Lifting - Other Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Number of lbs 25-50
Carrying - Long Carry (>50 feet) Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Number of lbs 25-50
Carrying - Short Carry Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Number of lbs 25-50
Carrying - Right Carry Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Number of lbs 25-50
Carrying - Left Carry Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Number of lbs 25-50
Push/Pull (Static Force) Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Number of lbs 25-50
If you need assistance with any portion of the application or have questions about the position, please contact [email protected] or call 608-775-0267
Equal Opportunity Employer