La Crosse, WI 54601
Love + medicine is who we are, it's what we do, it's why people want to work here. If you’re looking for a job to love, apply today.
Schedule Weekly Hours:40
A fully-funded three-year postdoctoral research fellowship in breast cancer research is available in Dr. Paraic Kenny’s laboratory at the Kabara Cancer Research Institute, Gundersen Medical Foundation, located on the University of Wisconsin – La Crosse campus. The laboratory uses genetically engineered mouse models, human cell lines and 3D culture models to dissect the mechanisms underlying the most common breast cancer subtypes and identify new therapeutic approaches. The fellow will focus on using next-generation sequencing and CRISPR screens to elucidate mechanisms of resistance to targeted therapy, and will have the opportunity to participate in patient-centered translational research with the Gundersen Health System.
The Oncology Research Post-Doctoral Fellow will be under the direction of the Director of the Oncology Research Laboratory, Kabara Cancer Research Institute.
1. Conceptualize and conduct short-term and long-term experiments and research activities in support of broad-based/longitudinal research projects, ensuring consistency with established methodological approaches and models, adherence to project timelines, and completeness of documentation.
2. Conduct studies of related literature and research to support the design and implementation of projects and development of reports, ensuring conceptual relevance, comprehensiveness, and currency of information.
3. Write and publish articles in peer-reviewed journals that highlight findings from research and experimental activities ensuring consistency with the highest standards of academic publication; periodically presents research findings at national meetings, either as an abstract or in seminar format.
4. Communicate to the Oncology Research team development, progress and results of research activities ensuring that relevant information and issues in the implementation of projects/experiments are captured in as comprehensive and timely manner as possible.
5. Develop collaborative links with Microbiology and Rheumatology/Immunology scientific personnel in related program areas to gain exposure to and build knowledge on experimental/research activities and approaches, in order to subsequently improve conceptual development and implementation of existing programs.
6. Utilize appropriate and current techniques/protocols in experimental laboratory management to ensure integrity and security of experimental process, comprehensive documentation, and replicability of experimental procedures
7. Oversee media preparation, animal maintenance and equipment maintenance and quality control analysis of reagents.
8. Collect, prepare and analyze research data; keep detailed documentation summarizing experiments and recording research data; maintain computer database of research data and maintain independent secure backups of all computer files.
9. Identify areas of improvement within the research structure using integrated management approaches in pursuit of capacity building/strengthening and the preservation of scientific rigor in research studies
10. Performs other job-related responsibilities as requested.
Education and Learning:
PhD in a related field
PhD in a related field
3-4 years of research experience in their field of study
Age Specific Population Served:
Nonage Specific (N/A)
Category I - All Employees in this job title have a reasonably anticipated risk of occupational exposure to blood and/or other potentially infectious materials.
Subject to hazards.
Subject to inside environmental conditions.
Physical Requirements/Demands Of The Position:
Sitting Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Static Standing Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Stooping/Bending Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Repetitive Actions - Fine Manipulation Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
If you need assistance with any portion of the application or have questions about the position, please contact [email protected] or call 608-775-0267
Equal Opportunity Employer