La Crosse, WI 54601
Love + medicine is who we are, it's what we do, it's why people want to work here. If you’re looking for a job to love, apply today.
Schedule Weekly Hours:40
Gundersen Health System is the leading provider of primary and specialized care in western Wisconsin, southeast Minnesota, northeast Iowa and our mission is to deliver Love + Medicine every day to change lives in our communities and enrich the lives of our employees.
We are seeking an experienced Physician Compensation Consultant to join our collaborative, purpose driven team. As a Physician Compensation Consultant, you will work closely with our leaders to design, model, implement, and evaluate physician compensation programs that support our business strategy. You will provide expertise in the areas of physician pay structures and salary benchmarking. You will also develop and maintain relationships with Physicians, Advanced Care Practitioners, the Executive Committee, and leaders throughout the organization providing guidance on best practices, trends, plan design, and administration while addressing any concerns that arise. Additionally, you will take a lead role in various team functions and annual projects within Gundersen Health System.
Why join us:
- We are a values based, physician led organization
- We are an expanding and growing organization
- We offer competitive compensation packages and a supportive work environment that values collaboration, innovation, and continuous learning
- We offer remote options available for residents of IA, MN, and WI
- Substantial Retirement Contribution (401k & Base Contribution)
- Work/Life Balance (vacation time, paid holidays, EAP)
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Professional Development Opportunities & Career Development
If you are an experienced Physician Compensation Consultant who is passionate about helping develop effective compensation programs that support and drive business objectives, we encourage you to apply.
The Compensation Consultant coordinates with HR Business Partners and Executive Committee leadership across our organization to design Physician compensation programs and strategies to meet business needs. The Consultant will have expertise in the drivers of physician compensation and is responsible to research and embed best practices, benchmarks and trends into plan design and administration. Performs advanced analysis and modeling to make data driven recommendations in our various compensation programs. Leads the timelines and communication plans for the various Physician compensation programs. Consults with and provides guidance and resolution to the Physician Compensation team, Executive Committee members and leaders at all levels of the organization related to compensation needs. Serves as the project lead on major compensation projects.
1. Consults with Executive Committee, leadership at all levels of the organization and Physician Compensation staff to identify compensation program needs. Designs and develops new programs based on the organizational needs.
2. Partners with Physician Compensation team to conduct ongoing, pro-active analysis and brings forward recommendations for change.
3. Consults with leadership across the organization and Executive Committee on the development of new roles and department structure changes for Physician comp or physician/APP
4. Leads the communication plan for the annual compensation processes. Works closely with the Physician compensation team to ensure adherence to deadlines during this annual process.
5. Oversees the use of the survey data to ensure the Physician compensation department is using the full functionality of this system in completing compensation work.
6. Serves as a project lead in the development and delivery of communication and training related to compensation.
7. Partner in the development and implementation of new policies, consulting with Executive Committee and leadership throughout the organization, and provides input and oversight into the updating of existing policies.
8. Provides guidance, work assignments and training for Physician compensation staff.
9. Partner with Physician recruitment on more complex compensation offers for Clinician staff consulting with the Manager as needed.
10. Makes recommendations for the continuous quality improvement strategies for Physician compensation programs.
Education and Learning:
Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field
5 years of progressive experience in Physician Compensation including design of compensation structures and processes
Experience in a health care environment
License and Certifications:
Age Specific Population:
Category 3 - Employees in this job title have no reasonably anticipated risk of occupational exposure to blood and/or other potentially infectious materials.
Not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (as in typical office work)
Physical Requirements/Demands of The Position
Sitting Continually (67-100% or 8 hours)
Repetitive Actions - Fine Manipulation Continually (67-100% or 8 hours)
If you need assistance with any portion of the application or have questions about the position, please contact [email protected] or call 608-775-0267
Equal Opportunity Employer