La Crosse, WI 54601
Love + medicine is who we are, it's what we do, it's why people want to work here. If you’re looking for a job to love, apply today.
Schedule Weekly Hours:36
.9 FTE (36 hours/week)
Shift: Primarily Days with occasional PM's & every 3rd weekend (Rotating Holidays)
Department: Multiple Units
Week 1: Monday, Tuesday, Saturday, Sunday
Week 2: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Week 3: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
Week 4: Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday
Week 5: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Week 6: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
The Personnel Staffer assists hospital leadership with daily staffing operations to provide coverage for FMLA, sick calls, and immediate unit needs. On a daily/hourly basis, the staffer assigns coverage based on skill mix and level of priority, and continuously reviews to adjust as needed to provide superior customer service. The Staffer directly interfaces with hospital leadership to ensure staffing meets immediate patient care needs. Additional duties may include, but are not limited to, typing, data collection, and miscellaneous support functions.
1. Coordinates daily staffing assignments based on priority of requests, staff personnel availability, and skill mix to ensure superior patient care.
2. Works collaboratively with leadership across the system to determine and coordinate immediate staffing needs.
3. Under the direction of the supervisor acts as a back-up timekeeper for staff.
4. As directed by the supervisor, documents, and implements procedures to ensure compliance with departmental and organizational policies, standards, and employee performance.
5. Ensure Kronos is current with daily staffing adjustments.
6. Assist Staff with immediate schedule/timecard needs or adjustments.
7. Review Kronos request queue for requests needing immediate attention.
8. Performs other job-related responsibilities as requested.
Education and Learning:
High school or equivalency
Organization and time management coursework.
Customer service training.
Proficiency in Excel
2 years of experience in an office setting or customer service position
3-4 years of experience with personnel scheduling or time card management experience
License and Certifications:
Age Specific Population:
Category 3 - Employees in this job title have no reasonably anticipated risk of occupational exposure to blood and/or other potentially infectious materials.
Not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (as in typical office work)
Physical Requirements/Demands of The Position:
Sitting: Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Walking/Standing: Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
If you need assistance with any portion of the application or have questions about the position, please contact [email protected] or call 608-775-0267
Equal Opportunity Employer