La Crosse, WI 54601
Love + medicine is who we are, it's what we do, it's why people want to work here. If you’re looking for a job to love, apply today.
Schedule Weekly Hours:32
.8 FTE = 64 Hours Bi-weekly
8-hour day shifts, No weekends or holidays
Location: La Crrosse, WI
The Perioperative Technician, under the direction and general supervision of an RN or Provider, works with the team to provide basic care of patients and assistance during surgery and procedures. The technician will assist with data collection to facilitate the delivery of delegated patient care.
1. Demonstrates role accountability by adhering to the GundersenHealth SystemMission Statement, policies and confidentiality standards.
2. Demonstrates dependability, organizational skills and effective use of time by setting priorities to complete delegated work within the time frames in accordance with unit CBO and department guidelines.
3. Demonstrates effective communication skills, written and verbal, while providing patient care. Effectively communicates with other members of the health care team and documents information as directed, in the medical record.
4. Assists RN in admission and discharge of patients in Pre/Postsurgery and procedurearea.Reinforces GundersenHealth Systemapproved teaching materials with patients and families.
5. Demonstrates competency in IV insertion.
6. Demonstrates competency in phlebotomy.
7. Demonstrates competency in performing 12 lead EKG.
8. Demonstrates competency in performing bladder scans.
9. Demonstrates competency in point of care testing as relevant to perioperative services.
10. Assists with intubations, holding cricoid pressure, holding tube until Anesthesia provider is ready for it and assisting with getting oxygen hooked to the Intubation tube, if required by department.
11. Inserts foley catheters, starts IVs and performs prep on patient prior to procedure, if required by department.
12. Prepares case carts, opens sterile supplies and pulls medications and suture for cases, if required by department.
13. Secures dressings on patient incision at end of the procedure, under the direct supervision of the provider, if required by the department.
14. Measures and records vital signs including temperature, blood pressure, respirations, and pulses; measure and record weights.
15. Practices sterile technique, body substance isolation and infection control precautions, as needed.
16. Demonstrates competency in computer skills when accessing clinical information as directed by the RN.
17. Creates and maintains sterile field assisting physician with procedural pain blocks.
18. Assists with supply management within the department.
19. Assists in the orientation of new personnel.
20. Participates in quality improvement activities in order to continuously improve patient care and unit operations.
21. Performs other duties as needed by the department as assigned.
Education and Learning:
High School Diploma or equivalency
1 year experience in health care service
6 months Previous CNA experience
License and Certifications:
If working in Wisconsin, will need a Wisconsin Registered Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification
If working in Minnesota, will need a Minnesota Registered Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA-MN) certification
Current Infant-Adult Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers (with hands on learning) from one of the following programs; American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
Age Specific Population Served:
Pediatric (1 - 12 years)
Adolescent (13 - 17 years)
Adult (18 - 64 years)
Geriatric (65 years & older)
Category I - All Employees in this job title have a reasonably anticipated risk of occupational exposure to blood and/or other potentially infectious materials.
Exposed to infectious diseases.
Subject to hazards.
Physical Requirements/Demands Of The Position:
Sitting Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Static Standing Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Walking/Standing Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Stooping/Bending Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Kneeling/Half Kneel Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours)
Climbing Stair Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours)
Reaching - Shoulder Level Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Reaching - Below Shoulder Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Reaching - Above Shoulder Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Balance - Right Leg Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours)
Balance - Left Leg Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours)
Lifting - Other Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Number of lbs 100-150
Carrying - Short Carry Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Number of lbs 100-150
Push/Pull (Static Force) Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Number of lbs 100-150
If you need assistance with any portion of the application or have questions about the position, please contact [email protected] or call 608-775-0267
Equal Opportunity Employer