La Crosse, WI 54601
Love + medicine is who we are, it's what we do, it's why people want to work here. If you’re looking for a job to love, apply today.
Schedule Weekly Hours:20
We are looking for a motivated individual that has excellent phone etiquette, interpersonal and communication skills as well as the ability to pay close attention to detail. This position works directly with patients checking them in for their appointments, scheduling follow ups/rescheduling as necessary.
Are you looking for a position where you can make a patient's experience great? Apply today!
.5 FTE (20 hours/week)
Shift: Monday-Friday, 1:00PM-5:00PM
*Holidays and Weekends on rotational basis*
Shift Differentials: Weekends: $1.50, PM's: $1.00
Location: Onsite - La Crosse
The Patient Services Specialist provides superior face-to-face customer service in greeting and assisting patients, family, visitors and internal customers. They perform an important role in facilitating the patient experience by promoting a patient and family centered atmosphere throughout the check in/out process.
1. Represents Gundersen Health System's high standards for customer service face-to-face communication through courteous, patient and respectful conduct and conversation, while meeting the needs of all customers encountered.
2. Promotes and maintains a warm and inviting environment for the patient/family by focusing attention to their needs and in greeting, offering wayfinding and promptly notifying staff of patient arrival.
3. Responsible for notifying the Patient Services Supervisor of issues/concerns affecting patient flow.
4. The Patient Services Specialist ensures complete patient registration and reviews whether insurance has been verified upon check in. Obtains signatures on forms related to registration, billing and patient care, meeting all compliance regulations and requirements.
5. Effectively coordinates and schedules appointments/procedures as directed and in alignment with patient needs. Provides closure to the visit, as well as applicable information and instructions to prepare the patient for subsequent appointments.
6. Reconcile the department schedule to account for accuracy in billing, dictation and data collection related to patient visits.
7. Demonstrates and maintains competency in computer skills related to patient registration and appointment scheduling.
8. Keeps skills and education current through periodic in-service on service excellence, registration and scheduling policies, and insurance guidelines and other information related to position.
9. Works within the organizational financial guidelines for collecting payment and directs customers to appropriate resources when necessary.
10. Views, documents, or prints from the patient's electronic health record to assist with coordination of patient care.
11. Performs other job-related responsibilities as requested.
Education and Learning:
High School Diploma or equivalency
Successful completion of defined core competency testing.
6 months experience in an office setting requiring customer service responsibilities
6 months experience in a medical office setting requiring customer service responsibilities
Age Specific Population Served:
Nonage Specific (N/A)
Category III - No employees in this job title have a reasonably anticipated risk of occupational exposure to blood and/or other potentially infectious materials.
Not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (as in typical office or administrative work).
Physical Requirements/Demands Of The Position:
Sitting Continually (67-100% or 8 hours)
Static Standing Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours)
Repetitive Actions - Fine Manipulation Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
If you need assistance with any portion of the application or have questions about the position, please contact [email protected] or call 608-775-0267
Equal Opportunity Employer