Boscobel, WI 53805
Love + medicine is who we are, it's what we do, it's why people want to work here. If you’re looking for a job to love, apply today.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:36
The Patient Liaison works as a team member to assist internal and external customers assuring accurate and complete registration, scheduling appointments, demographic information, insurance coverage, collecting payments and monitoring customer satisfaction.
- Represents Gundersen Health System's high standards for customer service in all telephone and face-to-face encounters through courteous, patient and respectful conduct and conversation.
- Communicates effectively with patients, family members and Gundersen Health System staff to schedule appointments, admissions, surgeries, tests and procedures utilizing good customer service skills. Provides information and instruction in a confidential manner to prepare patients for current and future appointments. Uses CWS (clinical workstation) to respond to the requests of MD, nurses, MA's to create, update and/or print patient's protected health information to assist with completion of documentation.
- Responsible to ensure accurate and complete data for promptly registering patients, gathering, verifying and up-dating demographics, as well as insurance and benefit information to drive a timely billing process for our patients.
- Demonstrates and maintains successful completion of defined core competencies in computer skills related to patient registration and appointment scheduling, insurance, cash collection and department computerized schedules.
- Works within the organizational financial guidelines to collect payment and assist customers with financial need for payment of services, utilizing appropriate resources.
- Obtains appropriate signatures on forms relating to registration, billing, and patient care, meeting all compliance regulations and requirements.
- Assists in obtaining estimates for patient responsibility and notifies guarantors prior to treatment according to published organizational standards.
- Keeps current through periodic in-service on registration policies, procedures, insurance guidelines and other information related to position.
- Solicits and responds to customer complaints/concerns either in writing or verbally, using appropriate resources.
- Views, documents, or prints from the patients electronic health record to assist with coordination of patient care.Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Education and Learning:
High School Diploma or equivalency
1 year experience in an office setting requiring customer service responsibilities and computer competency in Microsoft Windows.
1 year experience in a medical facility setting and/or extensive customer service experience.
License and Certifications:
Age Specific Population Served:
Infant (less than 1 year)
Pediatric (1 - 12 years)
Adolescent (13 - 17 years)
Adult (18 - 64 years)
Geriatric (65 years & older)
Category II - Some (but not all) employees in this job title may have a reasonably anticipated risk of occupational exposure to blood and/or other potentially infectious materials, usually by location or specific departments.
Exposed to infectious diseases.
Physical Requirements/Demands Of The Position:
Sitting Continually (67-100% or 8 hours)
Static Standing Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Walking/Standing Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Stooping/Bending Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Reaching - Shoulder Level Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Reaching - Below Shoulder Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Reaching - Above Shoulder Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Repetitive Actions - Fine Manipulation Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
If you need assistance with any portion of the application or have questions about the position, please contact the recruiter listed below:
Primary Recruiter:Jenny Dax
Recruiter Email Address:[email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer