La Crosse, WI 54601
Love + medicine is who we are, it's what we do, it's why people want to work here. If you’re looking for a job to love, apply today.
Schedule Weekly Hours:32
This is a .8 FTE = 64 hours every 2 weeks. The hours are Monday - Friday 7:00am - 3:30pm and an every other weekend rotation.
This role will partner with and support RN's and C.N.A's by completing non clinical tasks on the inpatient hospital units.
This position provides a warm and responsive greeting to Gundersen Health System patients and visitors by assisting them in and out of vehicles, providing directions, transportation and escorting to departments and other personal assistance as needed.
1. Demonstrates exceptional customer service and effective communication in greeting, directing, escorting and assisting patients, family members, and visitors.
2. Acts as a resource assist patients and visitors in need of urgent/emergent medical care/services or in need of personal assistance.
3. Physically assists patients in obtaining and using wheelchairs and escorts patients to appointed departments while using proper body mechanics.
4. Demonstrates competency in computer skills related to the functions of the department including the use of Epic, Meeting Room Manager, VendorMate, Disklavier, Gladiator, and Microsoft Office Suite.
5. Helps enforce the policies that are in place set by Gundersen Health System at the main entrances.
6. Instrumental in maintaining a debris and clutter free entrance by alerting Environmental Services if entrances/restrooms need additional attention.
7. Maintains wheelchairs to ensure cleanliness, availability and safety for our patients' use, and notifies housekeeping of wheelchairs that need repair or service.
8. Solicits and responds to customer complaints/concerns/compliments either in writing or verbally, using appropriate resources.
9. Handles ongoing distribution of magazines and newspapers for patients/families in the clinic, Founders Building, East Building and hospital ensuring that magazines are up-to-date, appropriate, clean and in good repair.
10. Monitors parking and traffic at entrances and notifies security when needed.
11. Adheres to Gundersen Health System mission statement, policies and confidentiality standards. Role models customer service standards.
12. Performs other job duties as assigned.
Education and Learning:
High School Diploma or equivalency
1 year in a role that works with the public
2 years in a role of customer service, working with the public delivering personal services
Minimum of 1 year experience in direct patient care
License and Certifications:
- American Association of Medical Assistants as a Certified Medical Assistant or
- National Healthcareer Association as a Certified Clinical Medical Assistant or
- National Center for Competency Testing as a National Certified Medical Assistant; or
- American Medical Technologists as a Registered Medical Assistant or
- National Association for Health Professionals as a Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant or
- Wisconsin Registered Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Current Infant-Adult Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers (with hands on learning) from one of the following programs; American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
Age Specific Population Served:
Nonage Specific (N/A)
Category III - No employees in this job title have a reasonably anticipated risk of occupational exposure to blood and/or other potentially infectious materials.
Subject to inside environmental conditions. Exposed to infectious diseases. Subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions.
Physical Requirements/Demands Of The Position:
Sitting Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours)
Static Standing Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours)
Walking/Standing Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Stooping/Bending Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours)
Climbing Stair Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours)
Reaching - Shoulder Level Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours)
Reaching - Below Shoulder Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours)
Reaching - Above Shoulder Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours)
Lifting - Floor to Waist Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours) Number of lbs 0-25
Lifting - Waist to Overhead Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours) Number of lbs 0-25
Lifting - Other Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours) Number of lbs 0-25
Carrying - Long Carry (>50 feet) Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours) Number of lbs 0-25
Carrying - Short Carry Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours) Number of lbs 0-25
Carrying - Right Carry Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours) Number of lbs 0-25
Carrying - Left Carry Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours) Number of lbs 0-25
Push/Pull (Static Force) Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours) Number of lbs 25-50
If you need assistance with any portion of the application or have questions about the position, please contact [email protected] or call 608-775-0267
Equal Opportunity Employer