La Crosse, WI 54601
Love + medicine is who we are, it's what we do, it's why people want to work here. If you’re looking for a job to love, apply today.
Schedule Weekly Hours:20
What does a Admitting Counselor/Reg Clerks do:
✔ The Admission Counselor is responsible for providing customer service to both internal and external customers regarding demographic information, insurance coverage, pre-certification and patient responsibility prior to admission and/or discharge. This information is used to assure prompt reimbursement for services rendered and to assist the patient obtaining funding for services. Utilizes patient scheduling system as needed.
What will this position look like:
✔ .5 FTE (20 hours/week)
✔ Shift: 2nd Shift and every other weekend
✔ Hours: 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Week 1: Tuesday, Thursday
Week 2: Tuesday, Saturday, Sunday
✔ Department: La Crosse Emergency Services/Urgent Care
What do you need:
✔ High School Diploma or equivalency
✔ 1 year experience in a general support or service area, requiring basic occupational knowledge and skills.
What will you get:
✔ Career Development Center
✔ Competitive Compensation
✔ Professional & Personal Development
The Admission Counselor is responsible for providing customer service to both internal and external customers regarding demographic information, insurance coverage, pre-certification and patient responsibility prior to admission and/or discharge. This information is used to assure prompt reimbursement for services rendered and to assist the patient obtaining funding for services. Utilizes patient scheduling system as needed.
1. Verify insurance coverage and obtain benefit information prior to admission and complete pre-certifications.
2. Adheres to strict customer confidentiality standards, recognizing that even acknowledgment of privileged information is prohibited.
3. Initiates estimate requests for patients and notifies guarantor and/or provider of appropriate funding sources, including county and possible charity, prior to admission.
4. Checks patients in to scheduling system that are arriving for CT Scan appointments.
5. Schedule any necessary appointments for patients upon discharge from Urgent Care.
6. Collect accurate demographic, guarantor, insurance and incident specific information in order to promptly register patients on computer billing systems. This includes registration and/or insurance record setups and updates.
7. Obtain appropriate signatures on forms relating to registration and billing.
8. Scan all necessary forms into Document Imaging.
9. Responsible for knowledge of policies and procedures relating to registration.
10. Review inpatient/outpatient admission billing folder for complete information.
11. Meet with patient and/or family, possibly at the patient's bedside, prior to discharge, to obtain incomplete information/signatures.
12. Effectively communicate and educate patients on their financial responsibilities to the organization. This would include the guidelines for payment and self-pay balances, along with the insurance process statements they will receive.
13. Give estimates on services, take payments and set up payment arrangements for both clinic and hospital services.
14. Works within the organizational financial guidelines for collecting payment and directs customers to appropriate resources when necessary.
15. Responsible for completing lab reports and work que's on a daily basis.
16. Verifying Pre-Admission Teaching and Testing schedules Monday-Friday.
17. Keeps current on all federal, state, and third party payor insurance regulations.
18. Responds to customer complaints/concerns either in writing or verbally, utilizing appropriate resources. Uses CWS (Clinical Work Station) and/or appropriate systems to view patient preferences to communicate with patients including those cared for by Behavioral Health.
19. Personal and telephone contact with customers: i.e., patients, family members, physicians and professional staff, external contacts regarding Medical, Mental Health or AODA services, and third party payor coverage.
20. Attends all department meetings/training as necessary and other duties as assigned by department.
Education and Learning:
High School Diploma or equivalency +
Successful completion of defined core competency testing for Admitting Counselor/Registration Clerk.
1 year experience in a general support or service area, requiring basic occupational knowledge and skills.
3-4 years experience in a healthcare setting
Age Specific Population Served:
Nonage Specific (N/A)
Category III - No employees in this job title have a reasonably anticipated risk of occupational exposure to blood and/or other potentially infectious materials.
Not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (as in typical office or administrative work).
Physical Requirements/Demands Of The Position:
Sitting Continually (67-100% or 8 hours)
Repetitive Actions - Fine Manipulation Continually (67-100% or 8 hours)
If you need assistance with any portion of the application or have questions about the position, please contact [email protected] or call 608-775-0267
Equal Opportunity Employer