La Crosse, WI 54601
Gundersen Health System in La Crosse, WI is seeking a Physician Assistant (PA) or Nurse Practitioner (NP) to join our Trauma Surgery team. The team consists of six Trauma Surgeons, an NP, and a PA, on staff caring for inpatients and outpatients in the Trauma and Surgical Intensive Care Unit (SICU) areas. The ideal candidate is a self-actualized person who thrives in a dynamic highly collaborative environment. The person will work with a multi-disciplinary team of trauma staff, surgical residents, medical/surgical sub-specialties, nurses, and rehabilitation staff.
Gundersen Health System offers:
• Competitive Salary
• 10 days of CME plus funds
• Loan Forgiveness
• Base Retirement Contribution and 401K matching program for retirement
• Additional benefits include:
Malpractice, health, dental, life, disability, and vacation
Gundersen Health System is:
• A physician-led, not-for profit healthcare system
• Located throughout western Wisconsin, northeastern Iowa and southeastern Minnesota caring for patients in 19 counties
• A regional referral center with regional hospitals
• A teaching hospital with 325 beds and a Level II Trauma and Emergency Center
• The designated Western Academic Campus for the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine & Public Health
• We offer a competitive salary, loan forgiveness, generous benefits, including CME time and monetary allowance, retirement plan and more.
Gundersen Health System is an award winning, physician-led, integrated healthcare system employing nearly 900+ clinicians. Our mission is to distinguish ourselves through excellence in patient care, education, research and improved health in the communities we serve. A rewarding practice and an excellent quality of life awaits.
About La Crosse:
La Crosse is a historic, vibrant city nestled between bluffs and the legendary Mississippi River. The region boasts great year-round outdoor recreation, excellent schools including three universities, affordable housing in safe neighborhoods. La Crosse is a town of an endless variety of live entertainment and breathtaking beauty, making this a great place to call home.
La Crosse has a Regional Airport that connects to Minneapolis –Saint Paul International Airport or Chicago O’Hare International Airport. For more information about the La Crosse community visit the website: https://www.cityoflacrosse.org/Community-Profile
Must have completed an accredited program and be eligible to obtain a license to practice in our multi-state region with no restrictions or limitations. Advanced practice clinicians work under the direct supervision of a physician. Clinician staff may need to provide outreach service as part of their role in the system. Teaching students, residents, fellows or clinical staff is cornerstone to our Medical Education philosophy and an expectation of all clinicians.
Equal Opportunity Employer