La Crosse, WI 54601
Gundersen Health System is seeking a Physician Assistant (PA) or Nurse Practitioner (NP) to join our Pulmonary team. As a Pulmonary PA or NP, you will work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team to provide comprehensive care to patients with respiratory disorders in the outpatient setting.
- Evaluate, diagnose, treat, and manage patients with acute and chronic pulmonary disorders including COPD, asthma, sarcoidosis, interstitial lung disease, pulmonary nodules and more.
- Provide safe, comprehensive, and compassionate clinical care under the supervision of an MD.
- Order, interpret, and evaluate pulmonological and other diagnostic tests to identify and assess patients' clinical problems and health care needs.
- Recommend treatment and prescribe medication.
- Consult with physicians (as needed) and make appropriate referrals for evaluation or treatment.
- Maintain current knowledge and skill level in field through reading appropriate journals, networking, and attendance at conferences or seminars.
Full time FTE- Monday-Friday, primarily between 7:30 am and 4 pm.
What we want in a candidate:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work effectively with multiple disciplines
- Self- motived with ability to multitask and prioritize work
- High level of clinical proficiency and decision-making.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
What We offer
- Rewarding specialty with a collaborative and supportive team consisting of nurses, respiratory therapists, medical assistants, pulmonary nodule navigators, physician assistants, and MD’s.
- Structured and supportive onboarding process.
- Daily staffing huddles to discuss complex cases and staff patients with MD.
- No weekends or call
- Competitive Salary
- 10 days of CME plus funds
- Loan Forgiveness
- Base Retirement Contribution and 401K matching program for retirement
- Additional benefits include:
- Malpractice, health, dental, life, disability, and vacation
Education and Experience
- If Nurse Practitioner: Master’s or Doctorate’s degree from accredited Nursing Program.
- If Physician Assistant: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from accredited PA Program.
- Prior experience in pulmonary or working with pulmonary disorders ideal.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Active PA or NP license in the states of Wisconsin, Iowa, and Minnesota
- Active board certification as a NP or PA
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS
Gundersen Health System is:
- A physician-led, not-for profit healthcare system
- Located throughout western Wisconsin, northeastern Iowa and southeastern Minnesota caring for patients in 22 counties
- A regional referral center with regional hospitals
- A teaching hospital with 325 beds and a Level II Trauma and Emergency Center
- The designated Western Academic Campus for the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine & Public Health
Gundersen Health System is an award winning, physician-led, integrated healthcare system employing nearly 900+ clinicians. Our mission is to distinguish ourselves through excellence in patient care, education, research and improved health in the communities we serve. A rewarding practice and an excellent quality of life awaits.
La Crosse is a historic, vibrant city nestled between bluffs and the legendary Mississippi River. The region boasts great year-round outdoor recreation, excellent schools including three universities, affordable housing in safe neighborhoods. La Crosse is a town of an endless variety of live entertainment and breathtaking beauty, making this a great place to call home. La Crosse has a Regional Airport that connects to Minneapolis –Saint Paul International Airport or Chicago O’Hare International Airport.
Must have completed an accredited program and be eligible to obtain a license to practice in our multi-state region with no restrictions or limitations. Advanced practice clinicians work under the direct supervision of a physician. Clinician staff may need to provide outreach service as part of their role in the system. Teaching students, residents, fellows, or clinical staff is cornerstone to our Medical Education philosophy and an expectation of all clinicians.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer