La Crosse, WI 54601
Great opportunity to join our Interventional Radiology team! We are currently looking for a full time NP/PA. The Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physician Assistant (PA) will learn to develop and implement treatment plans and performs diagnostic and treatment procedures within the Integrated Platform under the general supervision of a licensed Interventional Radiologist.
- The Interventional Radiologist PA/NP will work both in the clinic and hospital setting with patients of any age.
- Communicates reports of the Interventional Radiologist’s findings to the referring provider with appropriate documentation.
- Assists the supervising Interventional Radiologist to record pertinent information in the patient’s medical record, accurately writing or executing standing orders or other orders as directed by the supervising Interventional Radiologist.
- Assists the interventional radiologists in quality improvement efforts by participating in quality improvement teams and participating in practice evaluation and education programs.
- Performs and/or assists with procedures directed by the supervising interventional radiologist.
- Performs pre- and post-procedure evaluations of patients undergoing invasive procedures. Counsels’ patients on the pre-/post-op care, recovery and expectations.
- A physician-led, not-for profit healthcare system
- Located throughout western Wisconsin, northeastern Iowa and southeastern Minnesota caring for patients in 21 counties
- A regional referral center with regional hospitals
- A teaching hospital with 325 beds and a Level II Trauma and Emergency Center
- The designated Western Academic Campus for the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine & Public Health
Gundersen is an award winning, physician-led, integrated health system, employing nearly 500 physicians and 300 associate medical staff. We are a teaching hospital, with excellent support for research. Gundersen offers a competitive salary, generous benefits, including CME time and monetary allowance, retirement plan and more. A rewarding practice and an excellent quality of life awaits.
La Crosse, WI is a beautiful area nestled in the driftless region of Wisconsin between the bluffs and the Mississippi River Valley. The area affords many opportunities for outdoor activities including biking, hiking and water sports. This is a family friendly community with great public and private schools. La Crosse is also home to three college campuses including University of Wisconsin - La Crosse, Viterbo University and Western Technical College. It is just a short two-hour dive to the greater Madison or Minneapolis metropolitan areas.
Must have completed an accredited program and be eligible to obtain a license to practice in our multi-state region with no restrictions or limitations. Advanced practice clinicians work under the direct supervision of a physician. Clinician staff may need to provide outreach service as part of their role in the system. Teaching students, residents, fellows or clinical staff is cornerstone to our Medical Education philosophy and an expectation of all clinicians.
Equal Opportunity Employer