La Crosse, WI 54601
Gundersen Health System is seeking a full time Physician Assistant or Nursing Practitioner to join our Emergency Medicine group. We are looking for emergency department and urgent care candidates that are open to potentially covering night hours. We are a level ll Trauma Center, with medical management of both ground and air emergency transport. Priority given to candidates who have completed fellowship and/or certification of advanced qualification in Emergency Medicine with comfort in seeing patients of all ages: pediatrics and adults but all candidates interested in professional growth will be considered. Candidates who are comfortable and proficient with performing bedside and advanced emergency procedures such as advanced airway techniques, orthopedic reductions, laceration repairs, incision & drainage, etc are desired but we are willing to train motivated candidates. This is a shared position and will see patients in La Crosse Emergency Services, Regional Emergency Services and Onalaska Urgent Care.
Gundersen Health System offers:
• Competitive Salary
• 10 days of CME plus funds
• Loan Forgiveness
• Base Retirement Contribution and 401K matching program for retirement
• Additional benefits include:
Malpractice, health, dental, life, disability, and vacation
Gundersen Health System is:
• A physician-led, not-for profit healthcare system
• Located throughout western Wisconsin, northeastern Iowa and southeastern Minnesota caring for patients in 22 counties
• A regional referral center with regional hospitals
• A teaching hospital with 325 beds and a Level II Trauma and Emergency Center
• The designated Western Academic Campus for the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine & Public Health
• We offer a competitive salary, loan forgiveness, generous benefits, including CME time and monetary allowance, retirement plan and more.
Gundersen Health System is an award winning, physician-led, integrated healthcare system employing nearly 900+ clinicians. Our mission is to distinguish ourselves through excellence in patient care, education, research and improved health in the communities we serve. A rewarding practice and an excellent quality of life awaits.
About La Crosse:
La Crosse is a historic, vibrant city nestled between bluffs and the legendary Mississippi River. The region boasts great year-round outdoor recreation, excellent schools including three universities, affordable housing in safe neighborhoods. La Crosse is a town of an endless variety of live entertainment and breathtaking beauty, making this a great place to call home.Must have completed an accredited program and be eligible to obtain a license to practice in our multi-state region with no restrictions or limitations. Advanced practice clinicians work under the direct supervision of a physician. Clinician staff may need to provide outreach service as part of their role in the system. Teaching students, residents, fellows or clinical staff is cornerstone to our Medical Education philosophy and an expectation of all clinicians.
Equal Opportunity Employer