La Crosse, WI 54601
Love + medicine is who we are, it's what we do, it's why people want to work here. If you’re looking for a job to love, apply today.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Gundersen Tri-State Ambulance (TSA) is seeking an Operations Supervisor to join our highly committed and driven team as we provide the most advanced pre-hospital patient care available to an area of 3,000 square miles covering parts of Wisconsin and Minnesota. With a dedicated staff of highly skilled Paramedics and EMTs, we are able to provide emergency response and inter-facility medical services 24 hours a day.
What You Will Do?
The Operations Supervisor - Clinical Services functions as a collaborative team member under the supervision of management. You will provide first line supervision of field staff.
- Full-time, benefit eligible
What You'll Get:
- Starting pay of $24.31/hour and up (based on experience)
- Professional Development Opportunities & Career Development Center
- An excellent benefits package
- Unlimited potential at one of the leading health systems in the midwestern United States
What You'll Need:
- Associate Degree or equivalent (Bachelor's Degree Preferred)
- NRP Certification
- Wisconsin and Minnesota licenses
- ACLS and PALS Instructor
- Valid Wisconsin, Minnesota, or Iowa driver’s license
- CPR Instructor
- ICS 100, 200 and 700
- 4-6 years progressive paramedic experience
- 2 years experience in education or training on EMS topics
- DOT Instructor
Our ambulance service offers progressive protocols, modern and high-quality equipment, a friendly work environment, and excellent pay and benefits. If you're looking for an opportunity to help us deliver Love + Medicine then apply today!
The Operations Supervisor – Clinical Services functions as a collaborative team member under the supervision of management. The Operations Supervisor – Clinical Services provides first line supervision of field staff. This position also encompasses other clinical service duties outlined in this document.
- Assists in the daily oversight of operations ensuring high morale of the workforce, quality of service, and clinical performance.
- Acts as liaison between field operations and external stakeholders; provides input and takes appropriate actions to help maintain a customer-centered focus to field operations.
- Maintains proficiency as a paramedic and is able and expected to act as a functional ambulance crew member as needed.
- Responds to ambulance requests and supervises and assists ambulance crews as needed.
- Participates in the coordination and supervision of the development and implementation of staff clinical training initiatives and ongoing programs.
- Participates in the implementation and maintenance of quality benchmark reporting and analysis.
- Assists in development and implementation of programs and initiatives to ensure quality benchmarks and standards are exceeded.
- Investigates and acts upon customer complaints related to clinical care and customer service issues and provides follow-up to appropriate manager.
- Initiates immediate corrective action regarding employee issues and refers the situation to appropriate manager for follow-up action.
- Oversight of special projects and initiatives as assigned by managers.
- Assist Operations Manager with oversight of controlled substance tracking, securement, and compliance.
- Provides annual employee evaluations of assigned field staff.
- Performs quality assurance and continuous quality improvement assignments and initiatives at the direction of Program Manager – Clinical Services, medical director, and in cooperation with Gundersen EMS QA/CQI staff
- Works an average 42-hour workweek typically consisting of 12 hour shifts on a 4/3 schedule type. Schedule type subject to periodic review.
Age Specific Population Served (check all that applies):
☒ Neonatal ☒ Pediatric ☒ Adolescent ☒ Adult ☒ Geriatric ☐ NA
OSHA Category (check one):
☐ Category I ☒ Category II ☐ Category III ☐ Category IV
- Associate Degree or equivalent (Bachelor’s Degree Preferred)
- NRP Certification
- Must meet minimal requirements for Tri-State Ambulance paramedics
- CCP (Preferred)
- 4-6 years progressive paramedic experience with versatile background in customer service
- 2 years of experience in education or training on EMS topics
- Minimum 3 years of experience in EMS supervision or related field preferred
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks
- Experience with employee scheduling
- Working knowledge of medical guidelines, policies and procedures
- Required: NRP Certification
- DOT instructor
- ACLS instructor
- PALS instructor
- CPR instructor
Physical Requirements/Demands of the Position
- Exposure to the effects of motion (ground), temperature variances, loud noises, vibration, communicable and infectious disease, latex, electric hazards, cleaning agents/chemicals, hazardous material situations and all-weather conditions
- Instances of intense pace to meet deadlines, handle constantly changing situations, dealing with a variety of people, and conflict resolution
- Carrying and/or pushing objects weighing 100 pounds, or greater than 100 pounds with assistance
- May go long periods of time without the ability to use the bathroom and/or without meal breaks
- Frequent exposure to high decibel noise, excessive noise, vibration, cold exposure and dehydration
If you need assistance with any portion of the application or have questions about the position, please contact the recruiter listed below:
Primary Recruiter:Sandi Weber
Recruiter Email Address:[email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer