La Crosse, WI 54601
Love + medicine is who we are, it's what we do, it's why people want to work here. If you’re looking for a job to love, apply today.
Schedule Weekly Hours:40
What does an Office Assistant do?
✔ The Office Assistant is responsible for providing clerical and administrative support for management and staff in the department/unit. Provides a variety of clerical and computer support to the department. Works as part of a team and frequently acts as a liaison between department staff and internal/external customers. Assists in department projects as requested.
What will this position look like?
✔ Shift: Monday-Friday, Days
✔ Location: Main Clinic, La Crosse
✔ Department: Medical Education
✔ Flexible, 7:30AM-4:00PM; 8:00AM-4:30PM; 8:30AM-5:00PM; 9:00AM-5:30PM
What do you need:
✔ High School Diploma or equivalency
✔ No experience required.
What will you get:
✔ Career Development Center
✔ Competitive Compensation
✔ Professional & Personal Development
The Office Assistant is responsible for providing clerical and administrative support for management and staff in the department/unit. Provides a variety of clerical and computer support to the department. Works as part of a team and frequently acts as a liaison between department staff and internal/external customers. Assists in department projects as requested.
1. Provides customer service to internal/external customers by telephone, email, and in person. Work may involve problem solving, answering questions, coordinating services, and addressing other needs.
2. Performs clerical support in the assigned department/unit. Duties may include sorting and distributing mail, faxing, photocopying, collating materials, and directing phone calls.
3. Uses a variety of computer systems and applications in performing the work of the department/unit. Functions may include data entry and retrieval of information, preparing communication or correspondence, presentations, memos, requested reports/spreadsheets, meeting minutes, agendas, handouts, etc.
4. Coordinates schedules and maintains calendars for meetings, appointments, travel itineraries, etc. Duties may include rearranging schedules, finding meeting place, obtaining necessary equipment, and other related preparations.
5. Coordinates departmental educational opportunities and event planning as determined by management.
6. Provide clerical support using Kronos Scheduling and Timecard software in staff scheduling and in staff timecard editing and sign off procedures, under the direction of management.
7. Views, documents, or prints from the patients electronic health record to assist with coordination of patient care.
8. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Education and Learning:
High School Diploma or equivalency
High School Diploma or equivalency + additional post secondary education by commercial, vocational, or other specialized training lasting up to 6 months
No experience required.
6 months relevant experience in office, secretarial or administrative setting
Age Specific Population Served:
Nonage Specific (N/A)
Category III - No employees in this job title have a reasonably anticipated risk of occupational exposure to blood and/or other potentially infectious materials.
Not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (as in typical office or administrative work).
Physical Requirements/Demands Of The Position:
Sitting Continually (67-100% or 8 hours)
Walking/Standing Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Reaching - Below Shoulder Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Reaching - Above Shoulder Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours)
Repetitive Actions - Pinch Forces Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours) Pounds of force 0-25
Repetitive Actions - Fine Manipulation Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
If you need assistance with any portion of the application or have questions about the position, please contact [email protected] or call 608-775-0267
Equal Opportunity Employer