Whitehall, WI 54773
Love + medicine is who we are, it's what we do, it's why people want to work here. If you’re looking for a job to love, apply today.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:0
Great opportunity to pick up a few hours each week!
New hospital coming in 2023!
An Occupational Therapist evaluates and treats individuals with disabilities, injuries and disease using appropriate modalities and treatment techniques according to Wisconsin OT Standards of Practice. Works collaboratively with multidisciplinary team in the areas of education and consultation regarding patient care needs, in accordance with the vision and mission of Gundersen Health System.
1. Works with patient and family members utilizing evaluations and treatment techniques specific diagnostic categories and/or functional impairment. Provide individualized intervention and education utilizing task analysis based on identified learning needs of the patient to ensure optimal patient care.
2. Responsible for completing documentation within established department standards to enhance effective patient care and proper reimbursement.
3. Complies with department competency list.
4. Interact and practice in collaboration with a variety of professionals and health care consumers. Communicate value of Occupational Therapy Services.
5. Participates in departmental and multidisciplinary review of process, treatment or systems issues for Quality Improvement initiatives.
6. Pursues relevant educational opportunities to maintain or enhance professional knowledge and meet departmental needs.
7. Performs other job-related responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Learning:
Bachelor's degree in Occupational Therapy or a health related field
No experience required.
1 year experience in related field
License and Certifications:
Occupational Therapist - Wisconsin (OT) Current American Heart Association (AHA) Healthcare Provider CPR certification; Heart Saver, Rescue and Military training network CPR; or the American Red Cross CPR certification (CPR) except Citizen and Animal classes
Age Specific Population Served:
Infant (less than 1 year)
Pediatric (1 - 12 years)
Adolescent (13 - 17 years)
Adult (18 - 64 years)
Geriatric (65 years & older)
Category I - All Employees in this job title have a reasonably anticipated risk of occupational exposure to blood and/or other potentially infectious materials.
Exposed to infectious diseases.
Physical Requirements/Demands Of The Position:
Walking/Standing Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Stooping/Bending Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Kneeling/Half Kneel Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Lifting - Other Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Number of lbs 25-50
Carrying - Short Carry Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Number of lbs 25-50
Push/Pull (Static Force) Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Number of lbs 25-50
If you need assistance with any portion of the application or have questions about the position, please contact the recruiter listed below:
Primary Recruiter:Becki Murphy
Recruiter Email Address:[email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer