Onalaska, WI 54650
Love + medicine is who we are, it's what we do, it's why people want to work here. If you’re looking for a job to love, apply today.
Schedule Weekly Hours:32
This position includes both X-ray and CT responsibilities.
Monday through Friday, Evening shifts
No weekends, no on-call!
Minimum starting pay $26.95/hour
Primary location is Onalaska, may travel to Winona as well
Performs high quality Computed Tomography(CT)*, mammographic**, radiographic exams and procedures to aide in medical diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease.
*CT requirements only pertain to employees performing those exams.
**Mammography requirements only pertain to employees performing those exams.
1. Works with Gundersen Health System patient and families to provide compassionate, individualized care in the provision of Imaging services.
2. Understands and applies the concepts of radiography and or mammography/CT when performing patient exams.
3. Demonstrates accurate knowledge of established protocols and equipment operation when performing exams on patients.
4. Provides the best images possible to radiologists and providers for interpretation.
5. Provides high quality service to customers in a cost effective and efficient manner.
6. Carefully observes and follows all departmental radiation, mechanical and electrical safety policies. Pays particular attention to patient safety in regards to positioning patients. Keeps rooms and equipment clean and safe for operation. Reports an erratic machine operation or potential unsafe situations to Medical Physicist or Biomedical Engineers.
7. Educates patients regarding exam or procedure.
8. Prepares and administers contrast media and or medications within accepted scope of practice.
9. Assumes responsibility to provide a quality learning environment for patients, their families, students and co-workers.
10. Utilizes knowledge of regulatory compliance when working with patients and their associated charges.
11. Maintains confidentiality with others regarding patient and organizational information.
12. Responsible for attending staff meetings, in-services and continuing education. Continually strives to learn new technical information.
13. Technologist may be assigned to a primary site but is required to cover other sites as needed.
14. Performs quality control procedures on applicable equipment and evaluates images to meet ACR and MQSA requirements.
15. Performs other job-related responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Learning:
Post High School education in a specialized field
Graduate of an accredited school of Radiologic Technology
One year of clinical experience in a radiology technology program
Two years of experience working in a multi-modality or an advanced imaging position
License and Certifications:
American Registry of Radiologic Technology Registered Technologist-Radiography (ARRT)
*American Registry of Radiologic Technology Registered Technologist-Radiography and Computed
Tomography (ARRT-CT) within two years of hire date
**American Registry of Radiologic Technology Registered Technologist-Radiography & Mammography
(ARRT-M) within nine months of hire date
Wisconsin employees must be a Licensed Radiographer with the State of Wisconsin (LICRAD-WI)
Iowa employees must have a Permit to Practice from the Iowa Department of Public Health (RADTECH-IA)
Current Infant-Adult Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers (with hands on learning) from one of the following programs; American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
Age Specific Population:
Infant (less than 1 year)
Pediatric (1 - 12 years)
Adolescent (13 - 17 years)
Adult (18 - 64 years)
Geriatric (65 years & older)
Category I - All Employees in this job title have a reasonably anticipated risk of occupational exposure to blood and/or other potentially infectious materials.
Exposed to infectious diseases
Physical Requirements/Demands Of The Position:
Static Standing Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Walking/Standing Continually (67-100% or 8 hours)
Stooping/Bending Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Reaching - Below Shoulder Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Reaching - Above Shoulder Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Repetitive Actions - Pinch Forces Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours) Pounds of force 0-25
Repetitive Actions - Grip Forces Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Pounds of force 0-25
Repetitive Actions - Fine Manipulation Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Balance - Right Leg Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Balance - Left Leg Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Lifting - Other Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours) Number of lbs 50-75
Carrying - Short Carry Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Number of lbs 0-25
Push/Pull (Static Force) Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Number of lbs 50-75
If you need assistance with any portion of the application or have questions about the position, please contact [email protected] or call 608-775-0267
Equal Opportunity Employer