Friendship, WI 53934
Love + medicine is who we are, it's what we do, it's why people want to work here. If you’re looking for a job to love, apply today.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:24
The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) is responsible for performing basic care of patients under the general supervision of an RN in the acute hospital setting. The CNA is also responsible for transporting and transferring patients within the medical complex in a safe and efficient manner. The CNA will also assist with data collection to facilitate the delivery of delegated nursing care.
1. Assists with basic care for patients in the areas of nutrition, elimination, comfort, mobility and safety.
2. Transports and transfers patients within the medical complex using appropriate equipment (ex. LIKO ceiling lifts) and utilizing safety precautions as indicated by the patient's health status.
3. Assists nursing staff in lifting and ambulating patients using appropriate practice guidelines.
4. Works collaboratively with the health care team members to effectively communicate and document accurate information.
5. Demonstrates dependability, organizational skills and effective use of time by setting priorities to complete delegated work within established time frames in accordance with unit CBO/P and unit guidelines.
6. Demonstrates role accountability by adhering to Gundersen Health System Mission statement, policies and confidentiality standards.
7. Assists in the orientation of new personnel.
8. Participates in quality improvement activities in order to continuously improve patient care and unit operations. Participates in CNA meetings and unit staff meetings.
Education and Learning:
REQUIRED No education required
DESIRED High School Diploma or equivalency
REQUIRED No experience required.
DESIRED 2 years of previous CNA experience.
License and Certifications:
REQUIRED Wisconsin Registered Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Current Infant-Adult Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers (with hands on learning) from one of the following programs; American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
If you need assistance with any portion of the application or have questions about the position, please contact the recruiter listed below:
Primary Recruiter:Steve Crager
Recruiter Email Address:[email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer