La Crosse, WI 54601
The Department of General Surgery Services at Gundersen Health System, based in La Crosse, Wisconsin, has an opportunity for an experienced, fellowship-trained Trauma and Critical Care Surgeon. Join five trauma surgeons! In addition to being an ACS Level II Trauma Center, the department has a fully accredited, five-year residency program with 4 categorical residents in training. You will be an integral part of the ACGME accredited general surgery residency and local, regional, and national educational activities.
- Join a robust General Surgery team of surgeons, physicians and associate staff who offer multiple subspecialty services
- Actively practice trauma/critical care and emergency general surgery
- An innovative academic environment in partnership with the University of Wisconsin Medical School means you can enjoy the best of practicing in an academic medical center - teaching and research - in addition to patient care
- We are a 325-bed Level II Trauma Center with 8 regional hospitals, 65+ clinics, nursing homes, air and ground ambulances, eye clinic, a behavioral health hospital and clinics and more
- Excellent benefits, competitive salary, loan forgiveness, and relocation
La Crosse is a historic, vibrant city nestled between bluffs and the legendary Mississippi River. The region boasts great year-round outdoor recreation, excellent schools - including three universities, affordable housing in safe neighborhoods, an endless variety of live entertainment and breathtaking beauty, making this a great place to call home.
Must have completed an accredited graduate medical training program and be board certified or eligible within the area of medicine stated. In addition, must have or be able to obtain a license to practice in our multi-state region with no restrictions or limitations. Medical staff in our system will supervise advanced practice clinicians. Medical staff may need to provide outreach service as part of their role in the system. Teaching students, residents, fellows or clinical staff is cornerstone to our Medical Education philosophy and an expectation of all medical staff.
Lisa J. Hillyer, CPRP, Physician Recruiter
Medcial Staff Recruitment, Gundersen Health System
P: 608-775-4444 E: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer