La Crosse, WI 54601
The Department of General Surgery at Gundersen Health System, based in La Crosse, Wisconsin, has an opportunity for a Surgical Oncologist.
- Surgical practice focused on Esophageal and Gastric Malignancies. Additional interest in Breast, Hepatobiliary, or Sarcoma would be valued.
- Competitive salary, Outstanding benefits, Loan Forgiveness and Relocation!
- An innovative academic environment in partnership with the University of Wisconsin Medical School means you can enjoy the best of practicing in an academic medical center –teaching medical students and conducting research--in addition to patient care
- We are physician led. In an organization based on medical/administrative partnerships managing all aspects of the business, you can have a voice in the way things work at Gundersen
- We were the first health system in the nation to offset 100 percent of our energy cost by renewable sources and sustainable practices
- We are a system with a 325-bed tertiary care center, regional hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, air and ground ambulances, eye clinic, a behavioral health hospital and clinics and more
- Gundersen is enriching lives in communities close to home and around the world through our Global Partners program. We lead teams of volunteers providing care and making meaningful connections in Ethiopia and on the Pine Ridge Reservation in South Dakota
- Creating the life you want to lead. It's about more than technology and patient visits. It's about joining a team that shares your passion, your vision, and your commitment.
- Gundersen offers formal leadership development and mentorship opportunities for all medical staff
La Crosse is a historic, vibrant city nestled between bluffs and the legendary Mississippi River. The region boasts great year-round outdoor recreation, excellent schools including three universities, affordable housing in safe neighborhoods, an endless variety of live entertainment and breathtaking beauty, making this a great place to call home.
Must have completed an accredited graduate medical training program and be board certified or eligible within the area of medicine stated. In addition, must have or be able to obtain a license to practice in our multi-state region with no restrictions or limitations. Medical staff in our system will supervise advanced practice clinicians. Medical staff may need to provide outreach service as part of their role in the system. Teaching students, residents, fellows or clinical staff is cornerstone to our Medical Education philosophy and an expectation of all medical staff.
Contact Lisa Hillyer, Physician Recruitment
Equal Opportunity Employer