La Crosse, WI 54601
At Gundersen Health System, palliative care is considered a critical layer of support to enrich our patient’s care, manage their symptoms and improve their quality of life. Join a well-established team of inpatient and outpatient palliative clinicians. We seek to expand our comprehensive palliative care access and services by adding a fellow trained palliative medicine physician interested in a blended practice of both outpatient and inpatient care.
- Palliative care at Gundersen consists of three closely linked services: an upstream outpatient palliative care clinic, the 24/7 inpatient service and a hospital owned hospice
- The service provides symptom control expertise, decisional support and comprehensive care for patients with advanced disease
- This blended practice consists of a combination of inpatient and outpatient care with approximately 6-12 weeks of inpatient scheduled annually
- The Outpatient service offers a clinic schedule of M-F from 8 am to 5 pm with patient support via phone from 5-9:30 M-F & 7:30 am - 9:30 pm on weekends
- The inpatient service provides 24/7 continuum coverage (night coverage is provided by the hospitalist service)
- Average inpatient census is 10 to 15, including inpatient hospice patients and the opportunity to take primary on patients with a comfort focus
- Our palliative care team is supported within the system by a robust multidisciplinary team including spiritual care, social services, care coordinator, nursing staff and more who meet daily M-F.
Gundersen Health System serves residents of western Wisconsin, southeastern Minnesota and northeastern Iowa. Our healthcare system is anchored by one of the largest multi-specialty group practices and a teaching hospital with Level II Trauma Center. La Crosse is a historic, vibrant city nestled between bluffs and the legendary Mississippi River. La Crosse boasts some of the best outdoor recreation, excellent schools including three universities, affordable housing in safe neighborhoods, an endless variety of live entertainment and breathtaking beauty, making this a great place to call home.Must have completed an accredited graduate medical training program and be board certified or eligible within the area of medicine stated. In addition, must have or be able to obtain a license to practice in our multi-state region with no restrictions or limitations. Medical staff in our system will supervise advanced practice clinicians. Medical staff may need to provide outreach service as part of their role in the system. Teaching students, residents, fellows or clinical staff is cornerstone to our Medical Education philosophy and an expectation of all medical staff.
Equal Opportunity Employer