Viroqua, WI 54656
Gundersen Health System is recruiting for BC/BE General Surgeon to join an established practice in Viroqua, WI. You can enjoy a collaborative and collegial environment in an area of the country that boasts great year-round outdoor recreation and excellent schools, all with the support of a large, physician led, integrated health system.
The practice offers a rewarding surgical practice within a vibrant rural community.
· Join two general surgeons, with a goal of call of 1:3.
· Surgical practice includes a mix of general surgery cases, as well as upper and lower endoscopies, and c-sections (can be trained).
· Potential for additional focused practice opportunities and outreach to our critical access hospitals.
· Connected to the entire Gundersen Health System with support from tertiary care hospital located approximately one hour away.
· Gundersen Health System is home to ACGME accredited residency programs, including general surgery, with the opportunity to interact and teach residents.
· We also are a host campus for the Wisconsin Academy of Rural Medicine (WARM) and proctoring for the PA program. Academically, we are affiliated with the UW – Madison.
· Integrated medical record system (EPIC).
Create the life you want to lead. It's about more than technology and patient visits. It's about joining a team that shares your passion, your vision, and your commitment.
Viroqua is one of the most beautiful and unique small cities in Wisconsin. Nestled in sprawling landscapes and bountiful small farms, Viroqua is seen as a hidden gem by residents and visitors alike. It's easy to see why after experiencing many of the benefits of a large city in an authentic, laid back and friendly town full of rich history, thriving arts and entertainment scene and burgeoning businesses. With a population small enough to know you, Viroqua boasts a vibrant community, a food cooperative and weekly farmers market stocked with locally grown fresh produce, an array of education and health care options and opportunities to grow around every corner and creek bend. Of prominence to Viroqua is that it lies in the center of one of the greatest organic farming regions of the United States. Its many regional organic farms provide ingredients not only to local restaurants but to fine dining menus across the Midwest. Viroqua is located on a ridge in the Ocooch Mountains of Southwestern Wisconsin. It is known as the 'driftless' or 'unglaciated' region. The area features numerous natural resources and outdoor activities such as: mountain biking, hunting, fishing, hiking, camping, canoeing, cross-country skiing, skating, swimming and even Morel mushrooms hunting. Visit our local Chamber web site at http://viroqua-wisconsin.com/chamber-mainstreet to see what our area has to offer for you.
Lisa Hillyer, CPRP, Physician Recruiter
Gundersen Health System
P: 608-775-4444 E: [email protected]
Must have completed an accredited graduate medical training program and be board certified or eligible within the area of medicine stated. In addition, must have or be able to obtain a license to practice in our multi-state region with no restrictions or limitations. Medical staff in our system will supervise advanced practice clinicians. Medical staff may need to provide outreach service as part of their role in the system. Teaching students, residents, fellows or clinical staff is cornerstone to our Medical Education philosophy and an expectation of all medical staff.
Equal Opportunity Employer