Hillsboro, WI 54634
Love + medicine is who we are, it's what we do, it's why people want to work here. If you’re looking for a job to love, apply today.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:20
A Certified/Licensed Massage Therapist who complements the clinical services provided in our Rehabilitation Services Department. The Massage Therapist will perform massages for release of natural energy for relaxation and therapeutic purposes by using safe, appropriate and effective massage techniques. The Massage Therapist works closely with the patient/client in providing individualized care. Manual applications of compression, stretch, vibration, mobilization of the tissues beneath the dermis including the components of the musculoskeletal system, peripheral vessels of the circulatory system and fascia.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs health history on clients and update prior to each session; ascertains precautions/contradictions for massage prior to each session.
- Explain procedures and applies techniques appropriate to client needs and preferences.
- Manipulate muscles or other soft tissues of the body
- Observe client reaction to massage and solicit feedback then modifies and responds accordingly
- Consults with appropriate Integrative Medicine provider staff regarding treatment plans when necessary
- Provide clients with guidance on stretching, strengthening, overall relaxation, and how to improve their posture
- Document client’s condition and progress in electronic medical record
- Provide massage orientation services, education seminars, and markets massage services
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Post High School education in a specialized field: Graduate of an Accredited Massage Therapy Program
- Desired: 2 years of experience performing massage therapy as a licensed or certified massage therapist; 1 year Experience in a healthcare delivery system
- Wisconsin Massage Thearpist and Bodywork Therapist License (MTBT-WI)
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) Healthcare Provider CPR certification; Heart Saver, Rescue and Military training network CPR; or the American Red Cross CPR certification (CPR) except Citizen and Animal classes
- Reports directly to the Manager, Rehab Services.
- Works closely with supportive personnel, physical therapists and peers.
- Frequent contact with patients and other staff.
- Regular contact with providers and community members.
- Occasional contact with vendors, public, civic organizations, regulatory agencies and other provider organizations.
- Work is performed largely in a pleasant hospital environment with minimal chance for personal injury.
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Occasionally exposed to hazardous material such as needle puncture, blood and body fluids.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Requires the ability to bend, stoop, squat, do prolonged standing, walking and sitting.
- Requires the ability to carry 35-50 pounds and to lift between 51-74 pounds.
- Requires the use of hands to do simple and firm grasping, fine, deep and/or strong manipulations, and to feel size, shape, temperature and texture.
- Requires the ability of adequate hearing, near and far vision, color discrimination and depth perception, and the ability to read, write, and speak English fluently and do basic mathematics.
This job description/evaluation describes the general nature and level of work performed by an employee assigned to this position. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the job. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by the department manager or administration. All requirements are subject to change over time and to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
If you need assistance with any portion of the application or have questions about the position, please contact the recruiter listed below:
Primary Recruiter:Megan Wopat
Recruiter Email Address:[email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer