Wabasha, MN 55981
Love + medicine is who we are, it's what we do, it's why people want to work here. If you’re looking for a job to love, apply today.
Schedule Weekly Hours:40
The Maintenance Mechanic will perform overall maintenance, service and repair work on Medical Center and Health Care Center plumbing, electrical, heating, air conditioning and refrigeration facilities and equipment; assume independent responsibility for the overall maintenance of assigned facilities during off hours, weekends, and holidays when "taking call".
This position troubleshoots, diagnoses, and repairs mechanical systems and equipment for the assigned facility. Specialized knowledge and expertise in HVAC, motors, plumbing, electrical and mechanical systems is required to perform a variety of duties including: repairing heating, lighting, cooling, plumbing, ventilation systems and equipment; installation and maintenance of motors; and the installation and maintenance of specialized equipment.
Mechanical System Maintenance and Repair:
- Installs, maintains, and repairs equipment such as steam valves, steam traps, steam or water coils, radiators, water softeners, unit heaters, water heaters, condensate and circulating pumps
- Installs, services, and repairs electric motors, heaters, coolers, refrigerators, and other related equipment using various hand and power tools of the maintenance trades
- Installs, maintains, and repairs air compressors and other air conditioning equipment using various machine tools
- Services and repairs appliances such as fans, toasters, washing machines, and gasoline pumps using machine and hand tools; may also maintain, operate, and repair motor vehicles (tune-ups, brakes, hydraulics)
- Maintains central steam and chemical water treatment systems, as well as other systems, using gauges and other test instruments to diagnose malfunctions and mechanic hand and power tools to disassemble, repair, and reassemble system components
- Fabricates, assembles, and tests parts as needed, such as various pumps, valves, laboratory equipment, heaters, compressors, experimental fire equipment, and other mechanical system parts using metal fabricating tools, common hand tools, power tools, and welding torches
- Safely operates electrical and air powered tools, pipe fitting, welding, hydraulic, pneumatic, and other mechanical tools, snow removal and salt spreader equipment and/or other heavy equipment assigned to the department
- Installs new/replacement equipment and materials in facilities by performing electrical, plumbing, carpentry, welding, masonry, glazing, boiler, hydraulic, pneumatic, irrigation, heating, refrigeration, ventilating, air conditioning and other maintenance work
- Trouble shoots, diagnoses and repairs malfunctions in boilers, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, heating, refrigeration, ventilating and air conditioning, irrigation and other RTD systems, structures and equipment
Education and Learning:
High School Diploma or equivalency +
High School Diploma or equivalency + additional training
3-4 years of building maintenance and repair experience.
1 year Healthcare building maintenance and repair experience.
License and Certifications:
Ability to pass the exam and receive the State of MN Special Boiler license within 6 months of hire
Valid Driver's License (DL)
Any level State of MN Boiler license
Age Specific Population Served:
Nonage Specific (N/A)
Category I - All Employees in this job title have a reasonably anticipated risk of occupational exposure to blood and/or other potentially infectious materials.
Subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions. Subject to extreme cold. Subject to extreme heat. Required to function in narrow aisles or passageways. Subject to hazards. Frequently in close quarters. Subject to noise.
Physical Requirements/Demands Of The Position:
Sitting Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Static Standing Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Walking/Standing Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Driving Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Stooping/Bending Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Lifting - Floor to Waist Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Number of lbs 25-50 Lifting - Waist to Overhead Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Number of lbs 25-50 Lifting - Other Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Number of lbs 25-50 Carrying - Long Carry (>50 feet) Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours)
Number of lbs 25-50 Carrying - Short Carry Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours)
If you need assistance with any portion of the application or have questions about the position, please contact [email protected] or call 608-775-0267
Equal Opportunity Employer