Whitehall, WI 54773
Love + medicine is who we are, it's what we do, it's why people want to work here. If you’re looking for a job to love, apply today.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:32
Tri County Memorial is moving into their new hospital this summer, and need some assistance in the maintenance department.
- 32 hours/week
- Seasonal employment (summer only)
- Assist with groundwork, moving, and maintenance
- Great opportunity for a college student!
Under the supervision of the Facilities Manager, the Maintenance Assistant will assist the Maintenance Team in keeping the facility and grounds safe and in good repair. All work is performed within a resident-centered framework. All work is performed collaboratively with and in support of other services provided to our residents. Work is performed safely, effectively, to high ethical standards and in accordance with Gundersen Tri-County’s mission, vision and values.
1. Uses various hand tools and gas-powered tools to mow and maintain grass, rake leaves, trim bushes and trees, plant flowers and shrubbery, remove dead plants, water and fertilize vegetation and get grounds ready for seasonal changes.
2. Assist with facility moving as assigned.
3. Provide trash disposal as directed.
4. Clean areas as assigned.
5. Complete basic repairs, adjustments, and ongoing maintenance of facilities as directed (Light painting, hang curtains, etc.).
6. Protects areas and personal property surrounding the work area.
7. Respect resident’s surroundings and works in a clean, neat, and workman-like fashion.
8. Clean vents and fans.
9. Report any equipment malfunctions.
10. Run errands as directed by supervisor.
11. Pickup and deliver supplies as directed.
12. Follow safety guidelines related to body mechanics, use of hazardous materials, and personal protective equipment. Maintains a safe working environment.
13. Travel between Blair, Whitehall and Independence locations.
14. Adhere to all relevant policies and procedures.
15. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education and Learning:
High School or equivalency
1 year previous maintenance experience
License and Certifications
Age Specific Population:
Category 2 - Some but not all employees in this job title may have a reasonably anticipated risk of occupational exposure to blood and/or other potentially infectious materials usually determined by location or specific departments.
Subject to inside environmental conditions (Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. For example, these conditions would include an environment with no air conditioning, working in a freezer or working near a boiler.)
Subject to outside environmental conditions (No effective protection from weather)
Subject to extreme cold (temperatures below 32 degrees for more than one hour)
Subject to extreme heat (temperatures above 100 degrees for period of more than one hour)
Subject to noise (There is enough noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard)
Subject to vibration (Exposure to oscillating movements of the extremities or whole body)
Subject to hazards (Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts or vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding, exposure to chemicals, etc.)
Subject to atmospheric conditions (One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation)
Subject to oils (There is air and/or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids)
Exposed to infectious diseases
Subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions
Physical Requirements/Demands of The Position:
Walking/Standing Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Stooping/Bending Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Squatting Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Kneeling/Half Kneeling Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Lifting-Other Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Push/Pull (Static Force) Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
If you need assistance with any portion of the application or have questions about the position, please contact the recruiter listed below:
Primary Recruiter:Becki Murphy
Recruiter Email Address:[email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer