Harmony, MN 55939
Love + medicine is who we are, it's what we do, it's why people want to work here. If you’re looking for a job to love, apply today.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
LPN, Licensed Practical Nurse
Full-time, Part-time, Casual positions available
Major Responsibilities (List job responsibilities in order of priority, i.e., list in order of greatest impact on the organization.)
1. Must be able to work according to the current Minnesota Board of Nursing Scope of Practice for nursing licen-sure.
2. Must be able to administer medications and treatments, monitors health and oversees the daily care of the facili-ty residents.
3. Must be able to contribute to the resident plan of care and interact with the interdisciplinary team, residents, and family members on a regular basis to maintain a plan that is resident centered and up to date.
4. Must be able to read, interpret and follow the orders of Medical Providers in the provision of resident care.
5. Must be recognized as the front-line team leader for each shift and must feel comfortable in providing guidance to direct care staff.
6. Must be able to assist residents to improve their quality of life through strength and mobility exercise.
7. Provide emotional and social support to the Nursing Home residents.
8. Must have compassion, empathy and the ability to provide a life of dignity and comfort to the residents we serve.
9. Must be physically able to life heavy objects, as well as push, pull, reach and squat on a regular basis.
10. Documentation on each resident is done in an electronic medical record and must be familiar and competent in basic computer use.
11. Provide welcoming and/or social introductions for new residents.
12. Assist with promoting good nutrition and hydration.
13. Performs other job-related responsibilities as requested by the Director of Nursing.
14. Must be able to commit to working every other weekend and every other holiday.
Scope of the Job (Define the job as it relates to the larger scheme of the organization.)
Internal: All department managers.
15. Must have completed an approved nursing program and hold either a Minnesota or Iowa license as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN).
Physical Requirements/Demands of the Position
Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day.
Must be able to speak and write the English language clearly.
Must be able to cope with mental and emotional stress of the position.
Must possess sight/hearing senses, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of the position can be fully met.
Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with resi-dents, personnel, and support agencies.
Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability.
Must be able to relate to and work with the ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset and, at times, hostile people.
Must be able to frequently lift 10 pounds and occasionally lift items weighing up to 25 pounds.
Must be able to lift, push, pull and move ce equipment, supplies, etc.
Must be able to assist in evacuation of residents
If you need assistance with any portion of the application or have questions about the position, please contact the recruiter listed below:
Primary Recruiter:Melynda Emerson
Recruiter Email Address:[email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer